Chapter 29

Gerard's POV
My heart was officially broken. I'd lost my wife, daughter and now I had almost lost my best friend/ex. I couldn't lose Frankie.
I sat beside his hospital bed with my hand clasping his like there was no tomorrow. I'd been here every single day since he was admitted 3 days ago from a drug overdose. I often left Bandit with Ray or Mikey so I could visit him. I forgot how much I loved Frank.
"You are my sunshine
My only sunshine
You make me happy
When sky's are gray
You'll never know, dear
How much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away
The other night, dear
As I lay sleeping
I dreamed I held you in my arms
When I awoke, dear
I was mistaken
And I hung my head and cried." I sang quietly as I continued to rub the back of his hand. I choked up and started crying. The only other noise was the beeping of the machines.
"I remember Frank when we were still together we'd always hoped to adopt and help the kids who where like us, like Jade but maybe that wasn't for us. I wish we did it together. I wish we were still together. I miss you and I promised to always love you and care for you on that night in your den. Before Lyn-Z and way before Bandit, we made that vow and look where we are now." I sobbed. I pressed my face into the bed with tears running down my face. I hated my fucking life.
"That was 12 years ago Gee. We've moved on since then. " Frank's broken voice croaked in pain. I looked up and saw Frank's signature grin looking down at me. His hand became tighter around mine. This was real. He was back.
"You fucktard Frank. I almost lost you. I couldn't lose you too nor could Mikey and Ray." I said as I wiped away the tears with my free hand.
"Everything is gonna be okay. I'm back even if I don't want to be." Frank murmured sweetly. Then I did something I hadn't done in a long time. I kissed his forehead and I genuinely still felt the sparks.