Chapter 2: Lost & Found

Chapter 2 ❤ Lost & Found

This is dedicated to @missagirl81 for introducing me to wattpad.

Megan Green

"HEY, LOOK. THERE'S A NEW girl," Kayla nudges me.

"Oh, come on. It's like you're trying to find new prey to feed on," I reply.

"Hey, I never said anything about me disliking her!" She lays her hand to her heart. "What do you think I am, some egotistic bi-"

I cup my hand over her mouth, silencing her dirty mouth. I reach for my necklace, expecting a thin string to wrap around my fingers. I glance down at my collarbone, noticing the necklace nowhere to be found.

Frick.

"God, its not here!" I bite my lip, a crease forming on my eyebrows as I search my pockets for the locket.

"What's not there?" Kayla questions, also biting her lip. She feels my pain.

"My necklace! The one I had ever since I was a baby! " I screech. I look around the wet grass and yellow concrete.

Ever since I was born, I wore a necklace that both of my parents have given to me. Mom died a long time ago, so that necklace was the only thing that made me feel like she was still with me. Since Dad is too busy at work, it makes me feel like I have a complete family. But oddly something always feels missing.

"Argh!" I yell in desperation. People start shooting me confused stares, but I couldn't care less about what they thought about me. They could go suck it. "Where the hell did I put that thingamabob?"

"On your neck?" Kayla shrugs, a hint of sarcasm in her voice.

"Ha-ha very funny," I say, slapping her on the shoulder.

Suddenly, I spot the ruby-red diamond glow in the distance. "There it is!" I sigh of relief, walking towards the glow. Thank God.

As people start crowding the school, I bump into someone. She replies with a high-pitched 'Ow!'.

"Sorry, I was looking for my neck..." My words trail off as I try to find the red glow again. Shoot, I say to myself.

"It's fine," she says, rubbing her forehead.

I look into her chocolate brown eyes and see my mothers' face flash into my mind. I suddenly realize they have the same facial features. I blink hard to get the image of her away.

Suddenly I remember her face, and how Kay told me about her. "New girl, right?" I grin.

"How'd you know?"

"Because you actually seem nice and innocent, unlike my twat-twig classmates here," I say, pointing to a tall football player who's raising a dodgeball and singing 'the Circle of Life', reenacting the Lion King scene.

She purses her lips. "Wow, I'm going to have a lot to get used to around here."

I laugh, "No kidding."

Her mouth opens to speak, but the bells' ring interrupts her. She gives me a small smile and heads towards the school. As the students flood the main entrance, I find my necklace on the moist grass. I quickly run to it, placing it back on my neck after cleaning the dirt off of it.

Yes, no wonder I'm a master at Where's Waldo! Suck on that, losers! I AM THE CHAMP-

I fall face-down onto the grass, tripping on a ledge. So much for being a champion.

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

Jules just made a new friend! But will she make more?

Or will she make more than just a new friend?

Find out in Chapter 3: Who's 'we'?

Please continue to read! DRAMAS COMING!!!