Chapter 25: A Night to Remember

Chapter 25 A Night to Remember
Jules Dress: http://www.simplydresses.com/popups/biggerimage.cfm?cataId=PD&productid=1200521&imgindex=1
Megan Dress: http://www.unique-vintage.com/pink-blush-2014-prom-dresses-aqua-gold-beaded-illusion-prom-gown-p-28397.html
Ella Dress: http://www.simplydresses.com/popups/biggerimage.cfm?cataId=PD&productid=1041135&imgindex=4
Ava Dress: http://www.simplydresses.com/popups/biggerimage.cfm?cataId=PD&productid=1199735&imgindex=3
Juliet Rose
I WAKE UP TO DROOL SMEARED all around my face. Squinting my eyes at my Friends calendar, I realize today is the greatest/worst/biggest day of my life.
Prom.
"No, no, no!" I groan, slamming my face back into my feathery pillow. "I'm not ready!"
"Heck yeah you are!" Ava says, startling me.
I grasp my chest, trying to catch my breath as I try to find the source her voice is coming from. I slam my hand on my desk, and feel the smooth surface of a smartphone between my fingers.
Picking it up, I'm startled to see Ava's face smiling widely at me. I'm even more startled to see my unprepared face on the screen, too. Why were we video chatting?
"Ava, why is your face all up in my phone?!" I ask, covering the camera so she won't be able to see my hideous face.
"Your Mom answered when I called. She said it would be a good wake up call for you," she giggles.
I roll my eyes, hanging up the FaceTime call. I'm not sure if I should be excited or anxious for Prom. Last time a dance went on in this school, it was pretty fun.
But that's when I had Asher and West and Kay and Meg still in my hands. Now all I have is poo along with a bit of Ava stuck on my index finger.
-
"Now I understand Prom is going on tonight, but you all need to start focusing more during class! We are wasting time here because you imbeciles keep talking!" Ms. Jefferson shouts, folding her arms.
She was giving us another speech on how we had a habit of talking way too much. What does she expect when it's the day of Prom?
In fact, we should all be getting this whole day off to celebrate the essential day of Prom.
Oh God, I'm starting to sound like Ava.
Ring! Ring!
Fourth period. We all run out the classroom as Ms. Jefferson passes out homework assignments that literally do nothing to help us with our education.
Suddenly, I feel an arm sling over my shoulder. It brings shivers down my back, but not because of that romantic lovey-dovey thing you expect. I start to remember how Asher used to do that to me.
It's been a while since that happened.
"Hey Prom date," Noah smiles.
I smile back, brushing his hand off my shoulder. "Slow down there cowboy. No touchy touchy just yet."
He pouts, laughing. "I've got to go, so see you later." With that, he skids down the hallway, disappearing into the distance.
Asher soon passes by me, and I quickly grab his shirt, pulling him back towards me. "You're not going anywhere! I haven't talked to you in forever."
"Alright, I won't go. I missed you, too," he smiles.
A fuzzy, weird feeling swirls in my stomach. I can't stop myself from asking the one question I need to know the answer to. "So do you have a date to Prom?"
He gulps and scratches the back of his head. "Um, no."
"What?!" I screech. So he was available this whole time?! I just shake my head.
He lets out a small chuckle. "I don't need no girl to be happy."
"And West will?" I laugh.
He shrugs. "I haven't been having the best time this past week. What about you and Noah? I heard you're..." The words seem to hurt him. "going out."
"What?! Oh heck no!" I shake my head, swinging my arms in the air to prove my point. "It's just a date, and anyway we'll be friends again after this whole dance ends, okay?"
"Okay," he smiles.
* * *
The joyful cheers plays along well with the entertaining music. The boys with their blazers and the girls wearing dresses that flow down to their feet dance.
"Why do girls buy fancy shoes?" I ask Ava, fixing my cocoa brown curls.
She smiles, still mesmerized by the amazing scenery. "What do you mean?"
"I mean, if we're going to wear these overly long dresses that cover our feet, we might as well not spend money on shoes that won't be seen."
She plays with the bottom of her peachy colored dress. "Not everyone has long dresses. I'm wearing a short one." She glances at me, shaking her head. "Stop asking questions! Just enjoy the dance."
"I'll try," I say, walking over to the snack table.
If enjoying she means stuffing my entire face with cookies while I do absolutely nothing but stare at the dancing people the entire time.
Sounds like a good plan.
Suddenly, I feel an arm sneak it's way to my waist. Turning around, I see Noah just inches away from my face. I back away a bit.
"Hey," he greets. I smile back as he drags me towards a row of chairs.
I comfortably sit on one of the cheap plastic chairs the school decided to buy. They probably bought it from a garage sale or something.
"Why me?" I finally ask. "Why did you decide to ask me to the dance? We never even talk to each other."
"We've talked before!" he says. "Like that time I borrowed your pencil, or the other day when we were partners for the science project."
I smile.
"Plus, you're amazingly gorgeous and way too intelligent."
"I did ace that science quiz. Although I don't remember anything that I wrote on the test anymore. It kind of like flew out of my mind like-"
"Adorable." He smiles, tapping my nose. "Just plain adorable."
Uncomfortable. Just plain uncomfortable.
I see Asher in the center of the dance floor, dancing with Meg. She wears a long, aquamarine gown that fits perfectly with her messy hair bun. This envious feeling explodes in my stomach. When he stops, I excuse myself from Noah and go up to him.
"There you are! I've been looking all over for you," Ash says with a firm look on his face. "I have to tell you something. Something about Noah."
I reply, "what about him?"
"He's not what you think." He shakes his head. "I've been talking to some of his exes and they all told me how he's a jerk. He's cheated on them, on his tests, even on his own diet! The only reason he likes them is to get into their pants."
"Pants? Why would he want their pants? I'm pretty sure it won't fit him, and anyway they're specifically made for women, so everyone would pretty much laugh at him." Realizing what he really meant, I slapped him.
On the shoulder, of course. "Noah's a gentleman! He would never do," Not wanting to say the real word, I say the more secretive version of it. "it."
"You don't know him, Jules."
"And neither do you! I've known him long enough to realize he's a much more better man than you'll ever be! You're just a jealous perv!" I shout, storming off.
-
Prom was more boring than I expected it to be. Noah and I danced a few times, talked a few times, kissed a few times.
Hehe, just kidding.
"I got a surprise for you," Noah says, smiling. He takes my hand, and brings me out into the garden.
The garden.
I still remember everything that happened there. The tears, the kiss, everything. "Noah, let's go somewhere else, please!"
"No, this is the perfect spot." He grins, examining the exquisite scenery around us. "Close your eyes."
I don't bother to ask why, I just do what I'm told. Gosh, if only everyone else was like that whenever we had a substitute around.
I lose my train of thought as I feel his hands wrap around my waist. I immediately shoot my eyes open only to find his face exceedingly close to mine. His salmon pink lips are puckered up, just like a fish.
I have now grown a hatred for fish.
Taking a step back from him, I ask, "What are you doing?"
He attempts to touch me again, but I quickly step away. "It's my surprise for you," he smirks.
"No thank you, but I'm not interested in your offer," I hiss, crossing my arms.
"I made one mistake letting you be my date to the dance, but I'm not going to make the mistake of making out with a low life like you!"
"Don't worry, you can be the innocent little girl who shuts her mouth about this entire thing." He takes hold of my back, bringing me closer. I try to leave his grasp as his hands move further southbound.
I suddenly imagine the cartoon 'Pow!' appearing on the screen as Asher's fist collides with Noah's face. Before he looked like an attractive Zac Efron, but now he looks like he's advertising for the 'Fifty Shades of Black and Blue'.
"Asher!" I screech as he continuously kicks him in the stomach.
Wow, someone should really cast him as a stunt double in some Hollywood action movie. Imagine him starring as Captain America or the Hulk. He'd make a great Hulk, actually. He's already green enough when he-
"Did he hurt you?" Ash questions, bringing me out of my daydream about Asher the Hulk (which should totally be a movie).
I shake my head no. "He was about to, though. At least that's what I think."
He chuckles, grabbing my waist and pulling me into a kiss. Our lips move in perfect synchronization.
And I know for a fact, he really does love me.
- ❤-
Megan Green
I stare at West as he dances with some chick named Crystal. She's one of the wealthy girls in our district (although I'm ten times more richer), with her light blonde hair crawling down her back. I have to admit, she's the definition of perfect, and West is seriously so lucky for gaining a girl like her.
If only that girl was me.
I honestly do regret what I did to West. Asher and I never had a chance, but West and I did. We had a chance to gain a relationship you would've never think would ever happen in real life.
And I messed up. Real bad.
I fiddle with the loose thread of my dress. It's embarrassing to admit, but I came to the Prom alone. Heck, even Ella got a date. So again, this is truly the most embarrassing I have been in my entire life.
Speaking of the devil, Ella walks up to me in a skimpy, navy blue dress. Her cleavage is way too showy, which makes me extremely uncomfortable. "How's it goin'?" she asks in a devilish tone.
"May I ask you why my condition would ever matter to you?" I question, folding my arms.
"I'm just wondering if you're okay! You know, with what happened with the West stuff." She cackles. "Heard you two weren't working out 'cause you, um, cheated on him."
I try to resist the urge to strangle her. "I made a mistake, okay? And I am fully aware of it, unlike you who will never learn from your mistakes. Unlike you, I actually like West. I love him, and I always will! Now just shut up and go find your next victim of a boyfriend."
She scoffs, turning her back on me and leaving me alone.
She fell on her way to the dance floor, by the way. I laughed.
"May I have this dance?" West smiles, putting his hand out in front of me.
I nod as he twirls me to the center of the room. There we slow dance. A thought occurs in my mind; I chose West.
And I know for a fact that he really does love me.
><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><
Yes, the ending was repeated twice for Meg and Jules.
So next chapter is the finale! :(: <- happy sad face!
You guys are lucky I'm doing this instead of homework...
Remember to expect the unexpected, next chapter is full of secrets and will change this entire book forever.
TFIOS REFERENCE IN THIS CHAPTER!