Chapter 5: Popcorn please!

Pic of Kayla up dere ^ or to da rite

Chapter 5 ♡ Popcorn, Please!

Juliet Rose

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS IS ALL happening. I made four new friends in one day, and now I'm getting ready to see a movie with all of them. I wear navy blue jeggings and a midnight black hoodie that reads 'Whatever Forever'. I add in a beige-colored scarf and high tops.

"What could be more better than hanging out with your newly made friends while wearing the most stylish outfit ever?" I say as I run down the stairs excitedly.

I steadily walk out the door, hoping Mom won't see me. I take big, quiet steps to the wooden door. Once I get outside, I let out a big sigh.

"Whew! She didn't see me," I say, relieved.

I look at the driveway to see a white BMW [Please excuse my lack of car knowledge] parked already. Asher comes out of the car wearing a leather jacket and sweatpants. Even though I can barely see it, his eyes sparkle in the darkness. I wave at him, using the other hand to twirl around my necklace. I quickly realize that as I wiggle my fingers at him, it starts to look like a flirty wave rather than a friendly wave.

I want to scream. No, I want to cry. I feel like punching myself in the gut. Get yourself together, I command myself. It's one night with him. Plus, there'll be three other people there with you. I cough, trying to make my voice sound better. "So, where are the others?" I ask.

"Oh, they're not coming," he replies. "We're gonna meet 'em at Megs' house."

"What?! It's just gonna be you... And me? Alone?!"

"Do you have a problem with that?" he asks, arching an eyebrow at me. "Dude, it's a three minute ride. Not like we're gonna spend a whole hour together."

"Um, excuse me, but I prefer 'Dudette'."

He chuckles, allowing me to see his pearly white teeth shine. I didn't realize how stupid that sounded until I said it aloud. I bite the tip of my nail while my cheeks start to feel hot with embarrassment.

Instead of replying to my ignorance, he opens the car door and gestures like he's Prince Charming awaiting for his Cinderella to dance with him. Although I know he's joking around, I'd love to put my arm around his probably warm neck, while he would put his hands around my waist. We would dance until the sun would rise again, and time would freeze while we would- What am I thinking? He would never dance with me! Let alone kiss me. Out of all the hot girls in Riverdell High, he would never choose me.

I sigh as I step into his warm, leather car seat. There was probably another girl sitting here, I say to myself. Its funny how I could even imagine me and him, dancing together in the moonlight. First of all, I can't even dance. Second of all, why would he ever-

"Why are you so nervous?" Asher questions.

"N-Nervous? You, you must be crazy! I'm not n-nervous," I stammer. Why do I even try?

"Oh, come on. I see you shaking," he chuckles.

I grab hold of my arm, trying to make it stop vibrating. Why am I so nervous, anyway? It's only Asher. A totally hot guy I just met who's driving me to some girls house. Just me and him... He starts laughing like a little baby.

"Would you stop interrupting my conversations?" I demand.

He looks at me for a second, confused. "What conversations? We barely even talked yet."

I bite the tip of my nail again. There goes my manicure.

"I know why you're nervous now!"

"You do?" I say, embarrassed.