Chapter 15: Waterfalls... Onto my Dress

Chapter 15 Waterfalls... Onto my Dress

Juliet Rose

"THERE YOU ARE. I'VE BEEN looking all over for you," Asher says, tapping my shoulder.

I gulp, trying not to look directly at his ocean blue eyes. "Gee, it's only eight o'clock in the morning. How hard did you look?"

He laughs. "I meant I've been texting and calling you the entire weekend, and you never replied."

"I was busy, I guess. Netflix can be really addicting, y'know."

He smirks again, his lips screaming for mine. I try to resist the perplexing feeling. "Anyway, Jules. I was wondering if you wanted to go out."

My jaw hits the ground. Heat rushes to my cheeks, my body feeling weightless. There he goes again, making me want him. The way he said it; it was so straight up. There was no apprehensive tone in his voice, it's like he was prepared to do this.

I know my plan was to not date Asher, but how could I resist those ocean blue eyes? The way he strokes his blonde hair?

No, I can't risk my friendship with Megan. Sisters before misters, right?

I fake giggle, "We're already out. I mean, the sun has risen, fresh petals roam the ground-."

"You know what I meant," he says with a mischievous glint in his eyes. He smirks, a crooked smile forming across his lips.

Before I could even open my mouth to speak, Meg walks into our conversation. Her chocolate brown hair flows in the wind, her slim body fit for a supermodel. It was almost embarrassing compared to how I look.

"Hey guys," she smiles with a twinkle in her eyes. "What's up?"

"The sky," he smirks, playfully punching her in the arm. She pouts, rubbing her arm as if that actually brought pain to her. "Sorry, I forgot how fragile you are."

She crosses her arms, an obvious sign she's annoyed by him. It's so adorable to just look at them as they tease each other. They are meant to be, and no one can change that. Not even me.

"Hello? Earth to Jules?" Ash says, waving his hands in front of my face.

"Sorry." I shake my head, trying to concentrate on Asher. I mean, Asher and Megan.

Yeah, that's what I meant.

"Oh, God. It's 8:30! Mr. Henry is going to kill me if I'm late again. Gotta go, see you guys later." he shoots us his signature smile, and slings his backpack onto his shoulder.

I turn to Meg, who is still waving to him goodbye. Even though we'll see him in like, two hours from now.

I say, "I didn't see you at the dance the other day."

"Fortunately."

Did she just say that to me? I squint my eyes at her, "excuse me?"

"I'm just saying I'm lucky I didn't get my dress dirty at that dance," she pauses. "I mean, the vomit from seeing your face must go somewhere, right?"

I open my mouth in shock. She. Did. Not.

"Oh! There's the bell. See you later, Jules."

-❤️-

Megan Green

I stroke my long, cocoa brown hair, flipping it onto the other side of my head. It felt good to stand up to Jules without anyone knowing.

And they will never know.

I walk into the cafeteria, pursing my glossy pink lips. I spot the red table in the center of the room where Asher and West chat with one another.

"Hey," I smile, sitting in between them. I secure my tight skirt, making sure it covers up most of my legs.

"Thanks for butting into our conversation, Meg," West snaps. I roll my eyes at him.

"Like you guys were actually talking about something 'important'," I laugh.

Kay and Jules both sit down, placing their trays onto the glossy red table. I glare at Jules, but she's obviously trying hard not to make eye contact with me.

"Where were you two yesterday?" Ash asks, pointing at West and I with his spoon. He eats a spoonful of mac and cheese. "You missed the entire lunch period."

"We all know where they were," Kay states, folding her arms. I raise an eyebrow at her, my way of asking her what the heck she was talking about through facial expressions. "Maybe this will make you remember."

She closes her eyes, and makes dramatic kissy faces. I roll my eyes, playfully slapping her arm from across the table. "We were not!"

"You were too!" She pauses, and shoots us a mischievous grin. "I even saw them lying on top of each other."

Asher starts coughing, allowing all of us to get a taste of his delicious cheese. "God, Asher! Seriously?" I snarl.

West laughs, "what? Does the thought of Meg and I kissing disturb you?"

"We. Were. Not. KISSING!" I shout.

"Nah, this cheese seems to be expired." he replies tranquilly. "Anyway, you guys were WHAT?!"

I roll my eyes at him, "Kayla's just teasing us. How did you even know we were lying on top of each other anyway?"

"Aha! So you admit you guys were, uh... 'Fadoodling'." she puts air quotes around the word 'fadoodling'.

"No! We were not 'fadoodling', and we never will. Meg and I are just friends," West argues. "And besides, that's only because I tackled her to the ground. You should've seen her reaction - priceless."

"That's debatable. I tripped, and you used that to your advantage. I was never tackled, and I never shall be. And anyway, I pounded you to the ground afterwards."

"I agree with Megan," Asher speaks. He turns to West. "You kind of are the type of person who lies about their strength. Also, I've seen plenty of girls who shoved, pushed, etcetera you. Besides, girls aren't the only specimen that has the guts to hurt you."

"A+ for nicely worded explanation." West smirks.

"So in conclusion," I state. "West and I have never kissed nor have fadoodled in the past forty-eight hours. Also, him tackling me to the ground is nothing but an exaggerated myth. Case dismissed."

"In the past forty-eight hours, meaning specifically that you could have-"

"Shut up or I'm telling everyone about Travis!" I tease, sticking my tongue out.

She rolls her eyes. "Cat got your tongue, Jules?" Kay says, nudging her with an elbow. "You haven't said anything this entire argument. Something wrong?

She shrugs, "I'm okay."

"Are you sure?" Ash asks. He lifts her chin up so they are now looking directly at one another. I can tell her hearts racing by the shaking of her legs beneath the table. "You can tell me anything. I'm here for you."

My head gets hot with furiousness as Jules' face turns beet red. I glare daggers at her while West and Kayla whisper to one another in confusion. They are so unaware of their developing relationship.

As soon as I lock eyes with her, she stands up from the table, and wipes the invisible dirt off her jeans. It's about time they leave their fantasy land.

"Where are you going?" Ash questions, grabbing her wrist firmly.

"Uh, um..." she mumbles. "Bathroom." He nods as he frees her from his grasp.

With everyone unaware, I tilt my water bottle to the side as Jules comes near. It swishes back and forth a few times before the 'accident' happens. Rolling to the edge of the table, the liquid pours all over me as if I was experiencing a day in the Niagara Falls.

"Oh. My. God!" I shout with a hidden smirk plastered on my face.