Chapter 9: Ella Cruella

Chapter 9 Ella Cruella

Megan Green

"YOU WHAT?" ELLA SCREAMS.

We were at our lockers right before lunch, and I just so happened to walk into Ella and Ava's argument. Well, more like Ella's argument with her self. I heard her yell so many times that Ava's responses sound like whispers.

"I-I didn't know you didn't want to..." Ava's voice trails off.

I can't help but feel bad for her. The poor girl is so fragile, and yet she's still Ella's friend. Something I'll never understand why.

"Of course I don't want that! You know that I hate that new girl, and I always will! What makes you think you can make the decisions here, huh?" she shouts, slamming Ava into one of the lockers.

That pulled my trigger.

"Don't you dare speak to her that way," I threaten. "You have the guts to talk to your best friend that way? She's been there for you through thick and thin but you still treat her the same. What kind of sick person are you?"

I expect a high pitched, conceited response along with an unnecessary hair flip, but no. This was worse.

She takes a handful of my hair, and pulls it with a strong grip. The pain is too unbearable, causing me to fall to my knees.

I can't let her win like this, I cant.

I try to take her arm away from my hair by slapping it, but that only makes the pain worse. The slapping turns into scratching. The angry shouts we speak turns into screams for help.

Suddenly, I feel Ella push me with all her might and me slamming into the wall. She holds her cheek in pain, shouting words I do not want to repeat.

"Enough!" Ms. Davis, our principal, yells. "That is the last time I will repeat myself!"

Repeat? She was screaming at us this whole time?

I stare at Ella, whose eyes scream with anger. I notice the red scratch on her face that goes from the corner of her left eye to the dimple of her cheekbone. I must have accidentally scratched her face when we were fighting.

Okay, maybe it wasn't an accident.

***

"What has gotten into you two?!" Ms. Davis questions us.

Neither of us talk although I was sure Ella would've done everything to defend herself. I have never done anything like this before, but I'm tired of Ella always hurting Ava! She has been nothing but good to her, and yet Ella still insists on torturing her.

The principal folds her arms. "Fine. Both of you get detentions. For two weeks."

"What?!" I scream. I couldn't help myself. Two weeks is outrageous!

"Calm down, Megan," she commands. She turns around and looks at Ella. "And as for you, Ms. Parker, we have talked about this earlier. I am giving you no more warnings. You are now suspended from any school activities for the entire month."

"Huh? You can't do this to me! Why not her too?!" Ella growls.

"Because this isn't the first time this has happened, Carmella."

Her cheeks turn beet red. Carmella? I can't help but laugh.

"Shut up, Green," she rolls her eyes. "Ms. Davis, with all due respect, I-"

"Save it, Ella. I have had enough with your excuses!" the principal states.

She whines, "but miss, these clubs are my life! It's the only place I could actually fit in, and maybe even make some friends. I can't just let you take that away from me!"