Chapter 4: Mash Potatoes

Chapter 4 ❤️ Mash Potatoes

Megan Green

ME, ASHER, AND JULES WALK into the rowdy lunchroom, all carrying lunch bags, except for Jules.

"Where's your lunch?" I ask her.

"I'm getting school lunch," she responds.

Asher and I give each other the 'uh-oh' look, then burst into laughter.

"What?"

"Just go get your lunch," laughs Asher.

She rolls her eyes, and runs to the other side of the cafeteria to get her school lunch. Me and Asher walk over to the center of the room at the shiny red table.

"'Bout time you guys arrive. I had to eat lunch alone!" West complains.

"Dude, calm down. It was only for five minutes, and besides, I was just helping the new girl," Asher replies.

"Yeah, Asher was teaching her how to smooch," Kayla teases.

"Did I kiss- MISS something?" I gulp.

"Wait- There's a... Girl?" West interrupts. "There's a girl coming and you guys didn't tell me?!" He spits on his hand and slides it over his messy hair.

"Stop spreading rumors, Kay. She happened to trip and fall on top of me," Asher corrects.

"I don't know... You guys were pretty close to each other when I came."

"Kayla, that's enough! Nothing happened, alright?" I shout.

Jules arrives back at our table, holding a tray of burnt toast and brown meat. She carelessly drops it onto the table, letting bits of pieces splatter everywhere.

"Sorry I just came," she says. "The lunch aids were trying to take the bugs out of my food."

"So this," West examines her from her head to her toe. "is the new girl."

"Eyes off her, dude. Show some respect," A smile curves up Asher's lip. "I called dibs."

My eyes widen in shock. He never said that to me before, I complain silently. I look at Jules, who's red with embarrassment.

"Kidding," Asher grins.

"You better be!" Jules says, slapping him on his arm.

I hit West, too. "That's what you get for making goo-goo eyes at her!"

"What? It's not like I had a choice! I mean, look at you. Then look at Kay." He pretend shivers at us.

I knew Kayla didn't even have to speak. She quickly grabbed some mash potatoes and smeared it right across his dirty mouth. "That'll shut you up," she laughs.

"You girls take everything way too seriously. I mean, are we not-" Asher shoots us a striking pose. "stunning enough for you?"

We all laugh at his ridiculous joke, while West chokes on his mash potatoes.

"Yeah, we could be the next Taylor Lautner," West jokes, licking the mash potatoes off his fingers.

"Speaking of Taylor Lautner, why don't we all watch a movie tonight? Chick flick, perhaps?" I suggest with eager.

"Gross! You guys go ahead. We'll be watching a manly movie," Asher grins.

"Mkay, have fun watching Barney," Kayla rolls her eyes.

I don't even remember the last time we all laughed like this, I say to myself. Who knows? Maybe Jules will be our good luck charm.

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

What will happen at the movies?

How will Jules act like on her first hangout with her new friends?

Find out in Chapter 5: Popcorn, Please!

Chapter 4s kind of given me 'writers block' so if it bored you... Sorry. It took a few hours to come up with something.

*Sorry these chapters are so short! I'll try to make the next one longer*