Chapter Fourty-Nine

Bill Nye wandered into a pine forest, covered by shadows. A lone owl let out it's favorite question in the distance.

He suddenly hears quickly approaching footsteps.

Electrofur: *jumps out of a bush* Who are you and what are you doing on NerveClan territory?!

Bill Nye: Well I-

Synapsecloud: *slides out of the bush behind him* He is probably lost.. right, hun?

Bill Nye: I'm Bill Nye the Science Kitty and I'm not lost.. well, kinda, but I'm here to learn about science! What do nerves do?

Synapsecloud: We'll have to take you to Nervousstar to do that. I'll give you the basics, though *smiles creepily*

Bill Nye: ...Okay

Electrofur: Why should we inform him when we are going to-

Synapsecloud: *slaps tail over Electrofur's mouth* Shh.

Bill Nye: O.o

Synapsecloud: Anyways, a nerve conveys information in the form of electrochemical impulses carried by the individual neurons that make up the nerve. These impulses are extremely fast, with some conducting at speeds up to 120 fox-lengths per second. The impulses travel from one neuron to another by crossing a synapse, me.

While she was explaining, they got closer to camp and Bill started to hear screaming.

Bill Nye: *starts to go backwards* Why is there screaming coming from your camp...?

Synapsecloud: Nothing, nothing. *exchanges evil glances with Electrofur*

Electrofur: WELCOME TO OUR CAMP, where we test nerve impulses on wandering cats!

Bill Nye: Uhh...

Bill watches as he sees a cat being tied down with rope. Another cat is nearby, already tied down, with a NerveClan warrior slowly digging his claws in his underbelly. The cat screams in agony.

Synapsecloud: Welcome to the rest of your life! Where would you like to see before we tortu- I mean test your nerves?

Bill Nye: I'm fine. Thanks.

Synapsecloud: Okay! Sensoryclaw, come tie this rouge up!

A very intimidating brown tabby tom stomped towards Bill.

But Bill was already gone, running as fast as his legs could carry him away from the horrid camp. He finally stopped when he felt he was safe from the nerve maniacs.

Bill Nye: *panting* This is all for science..!

By Wave~ 🌊