4. Silent Brothers and Vampires

It was less than an hour later by the time Simon had rejoined Clary, and Isabelle and I had planned to meet the boys in the training room. We had made the quick decision to go on yet another unapproved mission in an attempt to search for this Warlock named Dot.
I had changed into a fresh set of clothes, as the outfit I had worn to Pandemonium was dirty and still had a few blood stains on the shirt.
I had pulled on a pair of leather pants and a simple grey t-shirt under a dark green jacket. Then I had pulled my heels off and instead slid on a flatter pair of boots that still had enough heel to make a demon scream when kicked in the throat.

Clary and Isabelle had made it to the training room before me and I fell in step next to Alec and Jace as they caught up with the girls.
Jace was a few steps ahead of Alec and I as he bounded up the stairs leading to the training floor. Isabelle had opened up the weapons rack and was running her finger along the sharp side of a Seraph blade. Jace sighed and smacked her hand away as soon as he was by her side.
"No, Izzy," he scolded her. She flinched away for just a second before returning her hand to its original position.
"Fifty bucks says Alec doesn't approve of this mission," she whispered quickly to Jace as she saw her brother approaching.
"I don't approve this mission!" Alec stated boldly, only moments after his sister had predicted it.

I smiled at the timing and gave Alec a withering glance.
"You don't approve anything, big brother," I told Alec, my disappointment evident in my voice. Alec gave me the same withering glance and said, "That's because nothing we ever do is legal, Cara."
"It's not illegal," I defended.
"Then why don't we go tell the Clave?"
"Because they're bitc-"
"Well I already spoke to them, and they're sending Seelie scouts to look for Valentine instead," Alec cut me off.
My mouth dropped and my arms fell to my side in astonishment.
"You did what?" Jace and I asked at the same time.
"I spoke with the Clave," Alec repeated, "and they made it clear that the little girl doesn't leave the premises," he pointed his hand at Clary, who could only try to look intimidating next to someone who was over a foot taller than she was.

"Okay, first, my name is not 'little girl', and second, I don't care about what that Clave thing, or you, want, but I'm going to find Dot!" Clary insisted. I was impressed that she stood up to Alec like that, he was tall and dark and brooding and demanded quite the presence. Especially when he was mad, which was normally.

"Alec, that Warlock could have all of the answers we need," Jace told his parabati, "and with all of Valentine's men out there searching for Clary, she's not safe outside alone."
There was a few seconds of silence while Jace let Alec think about the point he had just made. I spoke up after Alec was obviously not going to say anything back.
"Jace has a point-"
"Why do you always agree with him?" Alec asked me, "Huh? No seriously, why do you always think he's right?"
"Because he is always right," I fired back, ignoring the smug look that came over Jace.

Alec rolled his eyes at the two of us and turned angrily back to Clary.
"Alright fine, since you seem to have all the answers, where do you suggest we start?" He asked her.
"Uh-Dot's apartment in Greenpoint. And there's this thrift store-" Clary's sentence violently cut off when she casually passed her hand over her purple necklace. As soon as her fingers came in contact, the necklace glowed a bright purple and Clary sucked in a huge breath of air. Her eyes widened and her mouth dropped open in surprise at whatever her necklace was doing to her.
Isabelle moved towards her to make sure she was alright but Clary's hand fell from the necklace as quickly as she had touched it. Immediately the necklace lost its glow and Clary was snapped back into reality.

"What is it? What's wrong?" Isabelle asked.
"I...uh..." It took Clary a few seconds to get her breath back. Isabelle inched forwards again, putting her hand on the girl's arm.
"What did you see?" She asked gently. Clary looked up at Isabelle with dilated pupils and a heaving chest.
"Weirdly...I think I know where Dot is," Clary told us all.
My eyes widened in shock and I took a few steps back.
How on earth did she suddenly know where Dot was?
Did she see something from the necklace?