Chapter 5- Texts

Maddy's Pov-

I had only been living in 221B for a week but it already felt like home to me. I was so happy here, like I had never been before. I only wished I could have met them sooner!

I had now fully recovered from the poison and I was back to my old self again. I was sitting at the table drinking a cup of tea when Sherlock strolled up the stairs and walked into the flat. 

He looked over at me, "Come on Madeline, I'm taking you out." He called to me as he was getting his coat on.

"Oh well this is a first, you haven't let me leave this flat since I got here a week ago! Which I still don't know why." I said to him with sarcasm.

"Well you can always stay here of course." He teased me as he was walking back down the stairs leaving me behind.

With that I got up and ran to the door, grabbing my coat on the way, running after him down the stairs of 221B and there he was waiting right by the door with a smirk on his face.

"What?" I asked him.

"Oh, nothing." He replied to me whilst walking out the door. I left following him, slamming the door of 221B behind me. Sherlock has already hailed a cab and he was waiting inside for me. I walked up to the cab and got in closing the door behind me.

"So where are we going then?" I asked him.

"It's a surprise." He said to me with a smile creeping onto his face.

After a few minutes of silence I wanted to get something off my mind, so I finally plucked up the courage and asked him.

"Dad, why wasn't I allowed to leave the flat for the past week, and why was I poisoned?" I shyly asked him.

He looked back at me with sorrow in his eyes. "Look Madeline, I didn't want to leave the flat because you were in recovery and I know who poisoned you and why they did it. Given my line of work, I tend to make a lot of enemies. One being a certain particular man by the name of James Moriarty. I don't want you getting involved in it, so please will you just leave it with me?" He replied to me with worried expression on his face.

From me living with him for the past week, although it may not be long, I can tell that it would have to be something really bad to worry him.

"Ok, but can I just ask of you one thing?" I asked him.

"Yes go on." He said looking directly forward out of the front window.

"Can you call me Maddy? Nobody ever calls me Madeline." I requested.

He looked at me and smiled "Ok Madeline." He joked to me. "As long as you call me Sherlock."

"Ok Dad." I joked back.

We arrived at a shopping center a few minutes later. What on Earth were we doing here for? Sherlock hated public places, especially shopping. We got out of the cab and walked towards the entrance of the mall. Sherlock stopped at a bin and threw his phone and his laptop away.

"What the hell did you do that for?" I yelled.

"Mycroft bugged them." He stated and carried on walking.

When we got into the mall Sherlock turned to me "Here's some money, go and buy yourself some new clothes seems as though you didn't bring many with you and get yourself a treat, I will meet you in the middle of the mall in 1 hour next to the fountain, ok?" He said handing me over what looked to be at least £500!

"Thanks, alright I will see you soon." I replied to him with a smile and walked off.

I got to the corner to turn and looked back to wave at Sherlock but he was already gone. I felt a bit odd to be honest, I hadn't been left alone, not even for 1 minute over the past week and now I could finally have some time on my own. I ended up going to urban outfitters first, where I got about 7 pairs of skinny jeans and a few tops.

As I was leaving the shop and making my way to hollister, I got a text message:

'Good choice in clothing, you've got good taste. Glad to know you will be looking good when we meet, J.M xx'

I looked at it for a few minutes and came to the conclusion that it was just a coincidence that I was shopping and recieved a text from a stranger, it was probably the wrong number.

I came out of hollister with some more tops and a skirt. I was on my way to superdry when I then received another text:

'Personally I love the skirt you just brought, but I think it could have been a bit shorter... J.M xx'

I was starting to get a bit worried now, I stopped in my tracks and looked around me to look for any suspicious behavior from the skills that Sherlock had been teaching me. The only person I could see around me was a maintenance man, he was around 5'7 with dark sleek hair, a pale complexion and dark eyes. He looked across at me as people walked in-between our view, our eyes were locked on each others. His dark eyes looked deep into my soul and his blank expression was just starting to freak me out. I looked away and went over to superdry.

I came out of superdry 10 minutes later with a new jacket, which I loved. I was walking over to waterstones to pick up a new book. I was expecting to receive yet another text from Mr Mysterious but to my surprise I didn't. I felt relieved. After ages of looking I finally came out with a book called 'The mind of a psychopath' I thought it looked an interesting read, so why not buy it? I went next door into boots were I brought myself the final item I wanted, some perfume. I ended up buying Coco Channel Mademoiselle because it was the most elegant perfume in there and it smelt beautiful. I was on my way to the middle of the mall, where the fountain was that I was suppose to meet Sherlock at.

I got to the fountain where I saw Sherlock standing with some apple product bags, he had obviously replaced his phone and laptop. he also had a box but I couldn't tell what was in it. I was on my way to him when I received another text. 

'Lovely choice of perfume, now you'll be a real woman, like your mother was. And as for that book, it's not psychopaths you've got to watch out for, will be seeing you soon J.M xx'

I dropped my phone and stood there frozen, I was now convinced that I had a stalker. Sherlock saw and ran over to me.

"What's wrong?" He asked me concerned.

I bent down and picked up my phone and locked it. "Nothing, everything's fine." I lied to him. "Really everything's fine."

"Well come on let's go then." He replied to me but I could tell he was having none of that though. He knew that something was wrong, but I wanted to conceal it from him. I didn't want him to worry about it.

We arrived back at 221B to find the front door had been jarred open. Sherlock walked cautiously inside, I followed quietly behind him. When we got inside we found that the place was completely wrecked! Sherlock dropped his bags and pulled out a gun from his pocket and slowly crept up the stairs to the flat. I picked up the bags he put down and followed him up the stairs. 

When we got inside our flat we saw that everything had been ruined. There was mess everywhere, even more then usual. I followed Sherlock around the flat while he checked to see if anyone was there. We got back into the living room having found nobody, where there was a phone on the table, which wasn't there before. Sherlock picked it up and it made a text alert sound. He unlocked the phone and stood there, completely still, like he was in shock.

"What is it, Sherlock what's wrong?" I pleaded to him. He didn't say a word but simply just turned the phone around so I could read the text myself.

'Have fun on your little father daughter shopping trip? Well fun time's over Sherlock Holmes, if you ever want to see Dr. John Watson again then you will meet me. Oh and bring your daughter along with you or the deal is off and you can say goodbye to John, see you soon J.M xx'