Chapter 19- Home

Maddy's Pov-

At last I was going home. I felt so relieved to be back with Sherlock and going home after everything that has happened.

I was trying hard to control my happiness and anitcipation to be going back to 221b. The journey felt like it was taking forever! I mean I am a pretty patient person but this was taking the mick! He has got to be the worst cabbie I've ever had! And I've taken a lot of taxis in my life!

Finally, after what felt like 2 years, we arrived home. Sherlock threw the cabbie a twenty and swiftly got out of the taxi and towards the front door.

"Ugh Sherlock" I called to him.

"Yes" He replied, stopping and turning around to face me.

"I might need a little hand, it was the running that did it." I admitted, as I flinched and winced as I tried to get up.

Sherlock came back to help me get out of the taxi. He leaned in and lifted me carefully out of the cab. Once I was out of the cab he put me down and wrapped his arm around my side to help me to walk easier.

We got to the door and Sherlock knocked on it. It did make me think though did Sherlock even have a set of keys or does he always forget them or something because every time I've seen him go inside he always knocks.

I looked up at the door, a smile appeared on my face to see 221b before me.

After a few short moments Mrs Hudson opened the door.

"Ah Maddy, Sherlock!" She smiled, pulling us both in for a hug.

I winced as she did this and she pulled back.

"Oh sorry dear, are you alright?" She asked me concerningly.

"Yes I'm fine Mrs Hudson, nothing to worry about just a bit battered." I tried to assure her.

"How about a bit of tea Mrs Hudson?" Sherlock asked.

"Fine but only just this one time for Maddy, I'm not your house keeper you know Sherlock Holmes." She told us before turning around and walking back to her flat.

Sherlock turned back to me and smiled. He assisted me in climbing the stairs up to the flat, as much as it hurt nothing could wipe the smile off my face to finally be back.

When we eventually reached the top of the stairs and walked into the flat we were greeted by John and another man standing beside, the two were engrossed in conversation until they noticed that we had returned. 

"Maddy!" John exclaimed rushing up to me and giving me a gentle hug so that it wouldn't hurt too much.

"Good to see you John." I smiled to him.

Sherlock walked away from us to sit in his chair. As John eventually let go I got to see the other man in the room a bit better. Sherlock obviously realising that we had never met introduced us.

"Ah Maddy Lestrade, Lestrade meet Maddy." He gestured with his hands between the two us.

"Um Hi." I said awkwardly to him.

"Hello, good to see that your back here safe. That message in morse by the way, genius!" He congratulated me.

"Thanks very much." I smiled.

"Right well its good to know that your back here, safe but I've got some reports to file. So Maddy, John, Sherlock." He nodded and swiftly existed the flat.

Shortly after Mrs Hudson brought up our tea on a tray, as she was walking up the stairs I could faintly see someone walking behind her but not clearly.