Chapter 11- The Slip Up

Sherlock's Pov-

The drive to the power station was tense, John had tried to converse with me but I simply ignored him and eagerly sat forward in my seat in the hope that it wouldn't take too long to get there I wanted to make sure that Maddy was safe and I wanted her back with me.

It took us about 30 minutes to reach Battersea power station because with Lestrade being high up at Scotland Yard he was allowed to bend the rules and speed in his car and with three police cars following behind us the other cars on the road were forced to pull over out of the way for us to get through. 

As soon as the car pulled up I wasted no time at all and ran out from the car and up to the front door of the building and predictably it was locked. I pulled at the door handles trying to prize them open. I was getting frustrated, Maddy is close to me I just want to be with her so that I know she is safe.

"Here Sherlock, I've got a master key." Lestrade called from behind me.

I took a few steps back and pulled out my gun, took aim and fired multiple times.

John walked up to the door and touched it for it to swing open and fall off it's hinges.

"Oh, great." John mumbled.

"Oh for God's sakes Sherlock, you couldn't have waited thirty seconds for the key?" Lestrade moaned whilst joining me and John.

"A lot quicker my way, now come on." I insisted while walking through the door way.

The power station had been abandoned long ago, everything had been packed up and taken away, all of the machines, lights, even floor tiles although a few still remained behind. The temperature was low, it was a sub-zero temperature. It was so cold I could even see my breath in the air. This place was big, how was I ever going to find Maddy in here?

Lestrade started delegating roles to his officers and splitting them up into teams.

"Right now spread out, look everywhere and be on your guards." Lestrade spoke loudly whilst pulling out his gun and pointing it in front of him leading the way down the left corridor.

"Oh I wish I'd have brought" John trailed off as I pulled out another gun from my pocket and handed it to him.

"Don't mention it." I smirked.

Me, John and Lestrade took the left corridor while the other officers took the right. We searched in every room that we found down the corridor until a thought suddenly hit me.

"There's no use looking here, she's somewhere underground, Moriarty sent me a picture of her and she was in a small room with no windows so obviously she's underground as all of these rooms have windows and a room underground wouldn't have windows." I stated turning around.

I started walking back towards the door to go down the stairs, John and Lestrade followed behind me. I eventually found a set of stairs and began walking down them, still holding my gun up and looking around me precautious incase anything happened. 

As we were walking down the stairs John and Lestrade started talking behind me, I heard a noise. Well I think I did but I couldn't be sure because John and Lestrade's conversation was distracting me. I thought I heard it again, I stopped in my tracks, making them stop behind me.

"Shut up, everyone shut up!" I shouted.

Everything went silent and I was right I could hear a noise, I could hear it more clearly now and I made out what it was. It was Maddy crying. I could hear her sweet quiet sniffles. She was down here. John and Lestrade had realised I had heard something and they too knew what it was.