Chapter 7- Pursuit

Madeline's Pov-

I was shaking uncontrollably. How was this even happening? This wasn't supposed to be happening, Sherlock promised me he wouldn't let anything happen to me. 

The van started driving away quickly, I was falling all over the place each time the person driving the van vigorously turned a corner. What the heck am I going to do? More to the point what are they going to do with me?

Sherlock's Pov-

I barged through the fire exit of the sports hall to see the van driving away and it take a harsh right hand turn at the crossroad at the end of the road. 

I stood there and put my hands to my temples and closed my eyes tight, to go into my mind palace to get myself a visual map of the area as I wasn't too confident with this area of London.

I could hear John breathing frustrated, obviously, that I was standing there as Maddy was being driven off but I needed to think of the least likely route they would take because I knew Moriarty and that would be the one that he would take.

Right on Chilton Grove, Left onto Yeoman Street, Left onto Plough Way, Right onto Lower Road and Evelyn Street, Left onto Scawen Road. 

My eyes flew open in a matter of seconds. 

"COME ON JOHN!" I shouted to him. We both sprinted off down the road in pursuit of the van. John was trying his best to catch up with me but his strides are quite short, due to the fact that he is much shorter then I. At this rate we aren't going to catch up with the van and she will be gone, lost forever to Moriarty.

I found a shortcut down an alleyway, which cut around 30 seconds off, which made up for the time I spent in my mind palace. We got onto the main road and the van went straight past us, the driver unfortunately saw us. The driver started to drive faster then before, as he was now aware that we were in pursuit of them.

We ran across the road and took yet another shortcut through someone's garden, luckily I chose one with a low fence so John would be able to jump over it so he wouldn't get left behind.

Madeline's Pov-

"Oi, Sherlock's caught up with us lads. Be prepared!" The driver shouted back to the men sitting with me.

My spirit was instantly lifted, Sherlock was following the van! He's came for me! He's going to get me out of this! I knew he wouldn't let anything happen to me.

Sherlock's Pov-

We had now caught up with the van and, luckily, to my advantage because of the driver's lack of knowledge of the streets on London and appalling motor skills he happened to drive straight down a dead end. This is where the van finally came to a stop.

The van stopped and the driver turned the engine off. I got out my gun and aimed it at the back door of the van. "Did you bring a gun John? Before Moriarty took you?" I asked him not taking my eyes off of the van. "What, why would I bring a gun?" Was his reply. "So it's in your jacket pocket then?" I replied. "Yes, alright I did?" He said as he was taking out his gun and aiming it as the back to the van also.

The doors of the back of the van finally clicked open. As two out of the five men that were in the van stepped out. As they were stepping out I got a brief view of Maddy she was at the far side of the van with two men stood beside her talking to her, she caught a glimpse of me as the doors were shutting and I saw a quick smile appear on her face.

"Alright Mr. Holmes, Mr. Watson." He said nodding. "We are either going to have to do this the hard way or the easy way." He said walking up to me.

I squared up to him and smacked my gun across his face. At the thought of fighting the hard way or giving up being the easy way, when I would give my own life to make sure Maddy was safe.

There where so many different emotions and thoughts going through me, I would actually give my life to ensure Maddy's safety. I never thought this would ever happen, for me to feel so strongly for someone that I would just give my life to make sure they can carry on living theirs.

"Right, I see. So you're going to do this the hard way then?" He said wiping the blood off his face. "No Sir, I'm going to make this as easy as possible for you." I replied whilst taking aim and shooting the man straight in the chest. "Well, easy for you to die anyway." I joked at him. 

I turned around to my side to see John fighting with the other man, with his gun being thrown away from him, he was struggling to hold the man off. I simply took aim and shot the man. John jumped back in surprise. "Oh, Crist Sherlock!" He shouted at me. It started to sink into my head that I have just shot two men dead, I was willing to kill people to save Maddy. I really didn't think that I would ever have feelings so strong that I would literally do anything for them. I loved Maddy so much. 

"What? He deserved it! Nobody messes with a Holmes." I stated to him. He looked at me and let out a sigh of relief about how I was taking all this. At that precise moment I heard the clicking of the doors locking, the other men had realised what had happened and locked themselves in the van with Maddy.

The next thing I heard was punched being thrown and crying. I ran up to the van and tried to force open the door but it wasn't opening. I then stepped back and resorted to openly shooting at the lock but it still wouldn't open. Moriarty really has taken special measures to stop anyone without a key getting into the van.

My eyes started to fill up with sorrow at the fact that my own little girl was being beaten up by two men and I couldn't get to her. I'm letting her down. I then heard a loud thump, which I thought to be Maddy's body hitting the floor of the van unconscious. The next thing I heard completely shocked me and I turned to John, whose face was also shocked.