Chapter 16- Discovery

Sherlock's Pov-

I walked away from the laptop and towards the sofa in the corner of Lestrade's office. I plummeted down onto the sofa with a sigh. How could I have let things get this bad? How could I have let this happen to Maddy? This was all my fault. How am I supposed to find her? Moriarty has given me nothing! Well maybe this wasn't supposed to be a game, even if it was there was already a decided winner. He has taken Maddy from me and he never had the intention of letting me find her, she was going to suffer and die all along and I would have to watch it happen helplessly and not able to help her. Moriarty knew I had a heart all along from the beginning from the first time we met at the swimming pool where Carl Powers died. All of this time of him making me 'dance' and solve his crimes over the years was just for his entertainment until the day that finally Maddy would find me and ignite the love that was deep inside of me. Just so that he could take it all away from me and leave me empty, yet full of pain. I have to start accepting this, I am not going to find Maddy and she will die alone and in pain. There is no way I would be able to find her in time.

I hunched over and covered my face with my hands to conceal any of my emotions that might be showing.

"Sherlock, I'm sorry." Lestrade sympathised.

I looked up at him with disgust on my face.

"I don't need your pity." I hissed.

Lestrade turned his head. John was still looking at the screen.

"Ugh Sherlock." John spoke at last.

I ignored him.

"Sherlock!" John shouted at me.

"WHAT? WHAT COULD IT POSSIBLY BE NOW?" I yelled.

"Come here and watch the video again." John commanded.

"What is wrong with you? Is it not enough that I have had to endure the video once, watching my own daughter get beaten to a pulp and then badly cut? To watch her in pain knowing that I can't help her!" I asked.

"You can help her!" John stated.

"No I can't! I don't have any leads at all on this! Moriarty has given me nothing!" I shouted.

"Moriarty may not have given you anything but somebody else has." John informed me.

"What do you mean, who?" I questioned him.

"Maddy, she's given you a message." John stated.

Lestrade turned his head back around.

"What do you mean John? She hasn't been able to contact me so how could she have given me a message?" I asked curious as to what John was getting at.

"Yeah Sherlock's right, there's been no message." Lestrade stated.

"The whole way through that video Maddy was using Morse code!" John announced.

"Bloody hell, even Holmes junior is a complete genius!" Lestrade remarked.

I gave a look at Lestrade then looked back at John.

"John are you absolutely sure?" I asked.

"Yes Sherlock, your forgetting Sherlock I was an Army doctor. I know morse code when I see it!" John reminded me.

I rushed over to the desk and got up the video to play again.

"Right John take it down on this." I told him whilst passing him Lestrade's notebook and a pen.

We watched the video again. It was even harder to watch the second time around. I couldn't believe it though, Maddy was using Morse code! She's clever, very clever. Even in a difficult situation she was able to keep a clear head and devise a plan. How didn't I notice the Morse before? She made a message directly to me and I wasn't even the person who noticed it. Lucky John was here otherwise I wouldn't have known. John took down the Morse code in the notebook.

Maddy was able to put together a message for me in Morse code by blinking. The quick blinks were dots and the longer blinks were dashes. It didn't take long for John to write down all of the dots and dashes on the paper but now he had to decipher the message. I was very little help to him in the process of deciphering the message, as I didn't have knowledge of the Morse code because not many people tend to use it, I really should learn it considering both John and Maddy know it. It took John about 20 minutes to decipher the message.

It read:

Taking your time aren't you.

Injured severely.

West side The Shard up close in sight.

Hope it helps.

Help me Sherlock.

Find me.

As much as I was angry and hurt that they did that to Maddy, I was so proud of Maddy. She was smart, really smart. Even though she was in a torturous pain, she still managed to get a message to me without them realising.

"Right so Maddy's being held somewhere where the West side of The Shard can be seen relatively close. That narrows it down." I stated.

"So what are we going to do then?" John asked.

"We're going to need to search all of the buildings in which the West side of The Shard can be seen close in." I stated. 

"Lestrade can you get some teams together? We're going to need a lot of people." I asked him.

"Yeah sure, I'll sort it now. This is my division." Lestrade said whilst picking up his phone and dialing a number.

"Sherlock, we are going to find her." John reassured me.

"I know. Now that Maddy has helped me out I won't stop at anything until I find her." I told John.

Lestrade put down the phone.

"Right come on then, I've got some teams together. We're going to start searching the buildings right up close to the West side of The Shard and work our way back until The Shard gets further away until we find her." Lestrade stated.

I led the way out of the door. We went down to Lestrade's car. Before we got into the car I turned to Lestrade.

"Thank you Greg." 

Lestrade gave me a smile then we all got into the car and drove off.

I am going to get Maddy back, this time properly.

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to say thanks for reading! It means so much to me! Just hit 3.5k reads!! It is so unreal for me, I never would have thought that this many people would actually read my story and enjoy it (I hope anyway).

Thanks for the votes and comments!! I know I always say this but it they do mean a lot to me and always love reading your comments! Love to hear what you've got to say, whether it's good or bad thoughts.

I'm predicting it to be 4 chapters left after this to write to finish Sherlock's Long Lost Daughter. I will be doing a sequel but I'm thinking I might have to wait until my exams are finished so it would probably have to be end of June time. I know it's ages to wait, I'm sorry! Who knows though it could happen before then but that's the kind of time I'm looking at to write it. Although not sure how I am going to get through the days not writing, might have to write it early but we'll see.

Updates will be once a week from now on. So in around a months time this will be completed.

Chapter 17 will be with you at some point next week.

PineHoultBatch x