Chapter 12- The Choice

Madeline's Pov-

Moriarty walked slowly over to me and stood by my side. He put his hand on my shoulder making me flinch resulting in him laughing at me.

"You know you don't have to be scared of me." He said trying to sound caring.

I turned to him and glared.

"Really, don't I? Well I suppose not, I mean it's not like you drugged me, kidnapped me and are using me to kill my own father by breaking his heart or anything like that." I said to him sarcastically.

"I wouldn't think of it as kidnapping, it's more like a temporary relocation." Moriarty laughed.

"And your explanation for drugging me?" I questioned.

"Well that was just because I wanted to, it made it a lot easier to 'relocate' you while you were under the influence." Moriarty smirked.

"You are really pathetic." I spat.

"No not really, it's not me that is pathetic dear Madeline. I mean just take Sherlock for instance, he can't even protect his own daughter and keep her safe. Now that really is pathetic! And you sitting here with me right now...so vulnerable. IT'S PATHETIC!" Moriarty taunted.

I looked away from him in embarrassment.

"Now, now don't start crying on me now will you." Moriarty joked. "We've got something to talk about."

"What!" I said raising my voice slightly. I was beginning to get frustrated Moriarty wanted me in here so that he could talk to me, presumably about Sherlock, and he knows what I am going through right now so why can't he just stop the taunting and get on with it.

"You know it's awfully rude not to look at someone when they want to have a conversation with you, didn't your father ever tell you that?" Moriarty teased "I'm guessing not."

I turned my head back towards him slowly and gave a big sarcastic smile at him.

"This better for you James?" I asked him.

"Much, thank you Madeline." Moriarty smirked and began to stroke the side of my face with the back of his hand.

I felt horrible as he stroked my face it sent a spine tingling sensation throughout my body. I tried my best to move away from him but due to the face that I was indeed handcuffed to the chair I was very limited to where I could go. At every one of my attempts to move away from him he simply tutted or went "aww" as if in a mocking manner.

After about a minute of this he finally stopped and returned to his seat opposite me.

"I believe we had something to discuss?" I reminded him.

"Oh yes, well you see I quite like you Madeline, your feisty and strong but yet very vulnerable at times and not to mention your high level of intelligence. You see I am going to give you a chance, you can either die and cause Sherlock's eventual suicide or..." Moriarty complimented.

"Or what?" I asked.

"Join me." He added.

What was I going to do? I was faced with two equally bad situations. I could either get killed which leads to Sherlock also getting killed or I could join Moriarty which meant that me and Sherlock would both live. It wasn't me that needed saving really was it all along, it was Sherlock. To save Sherlock I would have to join Moriarty.

"Ok, I'll join you." I stated.

Apoligies for the short chapter, it was neccessary promise. Updating again tomorrow to make up for it. Thanks everyone for voting! Would love to read more comments on your thoughts though if possible.

PineHoultBatch x