Chapter 15- "LOST"

Sherlock's Pov-

The screen was dim. I could hardly see anything. I heard a loud echo of a door shutting, well it was more like slamming actually. I could faintly see a few objects and outlines on the screen but I really couldn't make out what they specifically were.

Then a light flickered on, to reveal a large room. It looked to me like an warehouse. A very old warehouse, in fact it looked like it had been abandoned a long time ago. The walls were dull and rusty. Lined with a row of windows near the ceiling. The floor was a simple concrete, of a very bad quality. There were cracks and pieces of the floor missing all over the place. There was very little furniture in the room, there were a few boxes and crates dotted around and a few cupboard storage units lined along the walls. There was only one light in the whole room, hanging from the ceiling, holding a singular bulb.

The light source, although it was weak, enabled me to see more clearly. There all alone was Maddy. She was sat on a chair in the center of the room. She was the center of my attention. The camera was moved closer to her, which revealed her to be tied to the chair with her arms securely behind her back. As the camera got closer I also came to the realisation that she was in fact unconscious as I saw that her neck was flopped over facing down, I can't imagine that she would be sleeping like this or even conscious I mean with her neck like that it would be tremendously uncomfortable. 

A man, drunk from what I could tell by the way he was staggering and was sloppy of speech, walked over to her. He started circling her, analysing her. He put his hand hard down on her shoulder. Maddy jumped at his touch. So, she hadn't been unconscious, not unless she was just starting to wake up when he came over to her. The man let out a snigger. He crouched down beside her and said something to her quietly. He then turned to face the camera and pointed it out to Maddy, who slowly and sorrowfully raised her head and locked eyes with the camera. She looked drained to the point of death. Her skin was so pale, well it was pale before as she had inherited it from me but this was sickening. She struggled to focus her tired eyes on the camera and her surroundings.

"You know who's on the other end of that camera?" The man staggered.

"Hmm let me guess, perhaps the man that's standing behind it operating it?" Maddy struggled to get out her sarcasm.

The man smiled and stood up so that he could tower over her. He raised his hand and smacked her hard across the face, the noise made me jump. Maddy groaned with pain.

"Not so clever now are we?" He gestured patronisingly to her.

"We-ll so-rry to in-form you b-ut m-y int-elli-gance has-n't chan-ged ju-st be-cause of a we-ak hi-t." Maddy whimpered from the pain but yet still managed to give out sarcasm even though she was in such a dangerous situation. This was something I liked about Maddy, she was strong and never stops being herself, even when she has been kidnapped and being hurt she is still managing to be sarcastic. Although this could end up leading her into more beatings by making fun of attacker.

The man raised his other hand and slapped the other side of her face. This time the slap was much harder and made Maddy let out a little yelp. I could tell that she was in a lot of pain even though she only let a small yelp escape, I knew she was trying to hide her pain as best as she could. She knew who would be watching this.

"Never going to learn are you?" I man retorted. "Your dad's going to be watching this video in a short while" Maddy turned her head away from the camera "What's the matter, you not going to say hello? Well how rude, he hasn't seen you in ages! Go on give him a little smile, he misses you!" 

"Stop it, just stop!" Maddy shouted.

The man leant over Maddy and grabbed her face, viciously. He forced her head to look into the camera as it moved closer. She struggled against the force of the man but couldn't do anything despite her efforts to move her face away from the camera. She didn't want me to see her like that because she knows that it is killing me from the inside that she's there, where ever 'there' is and I can't help her.