Chapter 14- The Short Awaited Arrival

Sherlock's Pov-

A few hours had past since I entered my mind palace. I wasn't really thinking about anything in particular. I just wanted an escape. I needed to take my mind off everything. So far I've been through everything from the periodic table to different types of tobacco to different guns to the entire solar system, which John forced me to learn.

The case in Devon did help me but now that I'm back here in 221B I've been plunged back into reality. Although I reassured John that everything was going to be fine now that I was back on the case but really I don't know what's going to happen to Maddy.

I usually have some kind of idea about what Moriarty is planning, like when we were up on the roof of St. Barts. I knew what he was planning and managed to plan ahead so that I could fake my death but this time I don't know. I'm struggling to try to predict what Moriarty is doing and his plan. I just can't get Maddy off my mind. I don't like admitting that Mycroft is right, but he really isn't joking when he says that caring is not an advantage. I hate to say it but if I didn't care so much for Maddy, even though I've only just known that she existed since a few days ago, she would be safe. If I didn't care so much then Moriarty wouldn't have that hold over me so he wouldn't have taken her and she wouldn't be with him now.

I need to show Moriarty how I don't really care, even though I do. I need to try to convince everyone surrounding me that it isn't affecting me. If Moriarty knows that it is affecting me then he will continue to use Maddy in order to hurt me and that isn't fair on her.

My thoughts were disrupted when my phone started ringing. I opened my eyes instantly and reached down into my inside suit pocket and pulled out my phone. John was still sitting there opposite me, evidently waiting for me to exit my mind palace and give him some answers to my brief statements that I made earlier.

I expected this to be Moriarty on the phone but instead it was Lestrade. He better not have any nonsense cases for me today, I've got to much to think about with Maddy.

I answered the call.

"Yes?" I questioned him.

"Yeah Hello to you to Sherlock, look I think you had better get down here." He replied.

"This better not be you wanting help with one of your stupid little cases that you're all to stupid to solve!" I said frustrated.

"No it's not and thanks for that anyway, you need to get down here, quickly." Lestrade urged.

With that I hung up and stood up in one swift movement. John looked up at me.

"What did he want? Where are you going now?" He questioned me as I was walking over to get my coat.

"Got to go to Scotland Yard now, Lestrade has summoned me. It sounds urgent so I better check it out." I spoke slowly as I was short of breath from talking to John and putting my coat and scarf on.

"Well do you want me to come?" John asked.

"Of course you'll only be sitting here doing nothing anyway so you might as well help, anyway I'd be lost without my blogger." I smirked to him then walked swiftly out of the flat and down the stairs.

I went out the front door and ran straight to the side of the road to hail a cab. John followed shortly behind me. After a few minutes of being rudely ignored by a few cabs, one finally stopped for us.

"Scotland Yard please." John told the driver.

We had a silent journey to Scotland Yard, I wasn't really in the mood for talking. Lestrade better not be wasting my time.

We arrived at Scotland Yard relatively fast. We walked straight through the office, which was unusual as we were usually stopped by someone whether it was security or Anderson being an idiot or Donovan insulting me but no, nobody stopped us at all. A few people turned to me as I was walking through, giving me looks of sympathy or empathy on their faces. I started to get slightly worried now, what was going on?

I strolled into Lestrade's office to see him sitting on his chair with his back to us.

I slammed the door to show that I was present. There was still no reaction from him.

"WELL, WHAT IS IT?" I shouted at him.

He turned his chair around slowly. He was turning something in his hands. He sat forward and threw the object on the desk for me. He sighed and leaned back in his chair. I picked it up off the desk. I knew I was expecting something soon but I didn't think it would be this soon and I certainly didn't expect it to be this.

It was a disc. A DVD. There was a smudge on the disk and some fingerprints on it. There was also a small strand of hair tied around it. The hair was wavy and brown, so I can rather easily deduce that it is in fact Maddy's hair. I turned the disc over, examining it. To find some small writing on the back.

"Better hurry up and find her, who knows what could happen to her..."

This was obviously written directly to me but why would it have been dropped off here? Why not at 221B? Anyway how was I supposed to find her? Moriarty hasn't told me anything! He hasn't told me anything about his game!

"What is it Sherlock?" John asked me.

I handed John the disc to examine.

"Have you looked on it?" I interrogated Lestrade.

"No, but I think we all know what's going to be on there." Lestrade replied.

I grabbed the disc off John and went around to the other side of the desk. I turned Lestrade's laptop on and opened the disc drive and placed the DVD inside. John came around and joined me, standing the other side of Lestrade.

"Sherlock, are you sure you want to do this?" John broke into the tense silence.

"I don't really have a choice do I? I have to keep up with what Moriarty is doing, he wanted me to watch this DVD. So I'm going to have to, otherwise Maddy will get hurt or worse if I don't go along with what Moriarty wants. 

The laptop made a beeping noise. The video had loaded up. I shakily clicked on the play button. I thought I was prepared but nothing could have ever prepared me for what I was about to witness...

Hi guys!

Thanks so much for reading, I hit 1.2K reads!! 

Thanks for being patient with me, it is much appreciated!

I am overwhelmed with the response I've had with this story, I never believed when I first started this story that it would have a response like this!

Thanks for reading, voting and commenting! 

Thanks for starting to comment more, I really do love reading everybody's comments! Would still love to read more thoughts though!

I will be updating later again this week so watch out!

Thanks again

PineHoultBatch x