Chapter 7

"In such a good morning, what are you thinking so seriously?" Aarav asked.

So now there is a restriction on my thoughts too! Great!

"Nothing," I replied.

"I hope you are not thinking about last night's incident."

"Nope."

Let me explain that – while we were all having dinner downstairs,  Aarav was on his phone in my room. My mom called him downstairs for dinner, he was coming ( he was still on the phone) and ended up hitting me. Then the leftovers of food on my plate landed on my hair.

The whole scenario was horrible. He apologized and helped me getting food out of my hair.

"I want to know, what are you thinking about?"

"Which stream to take in 11th."

"Oh! Well, that's a problem for you, idiot savant."

He mumbled idiot savant under his breath.

"Hey! What was that for?!"

"Calm down War goddess. It's just that you hate Science, not interested in Commerce either and your parents won't let you take Humanities."

"Well, you are right about that."

"I am Mr. Right like always."

'AARA! AARA! You are again late for school." My mom shouted.

Here, the remaining last sip of my tea gets a home run and made a landing on Aarav's denim shirt.

"Oh! My god!" Aarav shouted.

"It's okay. Tit for tat. Last night you know what happened. Moreover, my mom shouted in such a horrible manner that got me scared. What can I do?"

"As they say, even death can't cure an idiot."

"Hey! Cut it out!"

"Okay! Okay! Got to hell! Oh! I mean go to school"

"You stay in hell! Oh! I mean in my home!"

Well, he was right about hell thing though.

Ah! I hate this Psycho Asylum (my class)

"Hey! Aara!" Vivaan said softly.

It was the first time ever, someone called out to me in my class.

"Hi," I said with that usual deadpan face of mine.

I can't be social at all. Not even a little bit.

"So we are the class delegates."

"Yeah. I think so."

"We are. Well, Mrs. Tripathi asked us to prepare for class assembly."

What the hell?! I hate morning assemblies for 3 reasons –

1- the Scorching heat of the sun.

2- Same topics always. Extremely repetitive.

3- I stand, at last, can't able to see or hear anything.

"Okay, so when do we start working?"

"Well, all of the free periods are taken up by the subject teachers to keep the syllabus on track."

"Yeah, that I remember. What do we do then?"

"You come over to my home."

"No. Never. Nah! Nope. Not a chance."

"What's the problem?"

"Well, I have three reasons for that – 1. My parents won't allow, 2. I am socially awkward and 3. I've never been to a boy's home, you are a stranger to me."

"Stranger!" he then burst out laughing.

"What it is? I thought I was horrible but now I think I am hilarious too."

"Well, you are weird but amazing. You know what you are not socially awkward. Don't worry I'll get Mrs. Tripathi talk to your parents. Moreover, I ain't a bad boy. I respect you. So I think that makes things clear."

"Why can't you come to my home?"

"My parents are gone for some urgent work for a month and I can't leave my sister alone. Even if I ask her to come with me, she'll deny."

"Okay. Then it's all up to you. I'll come if I am allowed to."

"Gotcha! Don't worry."

"See ya."

"Yeah, bye."

It was such a depressing day. It could've topped my worst days' list, but it didn't.

My worst day ever –

I went to one of my relative's home with my mother. The first awkward thing I do is ask them that do they have water at home. What an Idiocy?! Everybody's got water at home.

Then I ask their kids to give me cold water but what I got was boiling one and that was done deliberately.

After that, they politely offered me sweet looking candies, which then turns out to be spicy as hell. I asked them for water and instead of giving me water they handed me vinegar which resulted in horrible vomits.

They, later on, apologised like it was nothing to them. Before going back, another migraine hits – my mom left the car keys in the car and it was locked! Then the mechanic helped us, at that time he was like an angel sent by god to help us. On the way back home another worst thing happened, tire punctured.

It' like there is no peace in my life. That's the worst day I ever had but who knows what'll happen in the future.