Chapter 19

Now, my left-hand feels a lot heavier than usual because of the engagement ring. While walking this school corridor I kind of feel awkward. Of course! It is awkward!

Normal teenagers worry about tests, projects, friendships, etc. not about marriages!!!
But a lot has changed in these months. I, Aarayna Acharya had made friends. Real friends! One is Jaina and other is Trisha. They both are my classmates. We started talking when we were discussing the theme for the bulletin board. They both are excellent at craft work. Vivaan and I are class delegates so to get the bulletin board renewed was our job. We all four discussed and they both loved some of my ideas. Since then we started talking and hanging out as friends.

They now have lunch with me and we also do group studies. They are academically very good! They helped me in the subject where I lack – physics, maths, and chemistry. Because of them I did very well in Formative Assessment – 3. Even Mrs. Tripathi was impressed! We are lot attached to each other. I now understand what exactly best friends do - they make your problem their problem so that you don't have to go through it alone.

They both proved it right! I am grateful to meet people who are not fake and who care about me. I never thought I could spend my days like this.

So finally I told them about the whole marriage thing.

"You are getting married, so soon!" Trisha exclaimed.

"Are you joking?" Jaina said.

"I am not joking and yeah I know it's early but it's okay," I said.

"Listening to your story, I conclude that he really loves you," Trisha said.

Trisha is a complete analyst and a care – free girl. On the other hand, Jaina is a sensitive and caring girl.

"I know that. By the way, you both are invited."

"Really?!" they both exclaimed in joy.

"Yes!"

After two months I am going to be married. I know these months will fly away in seconds! Ironically that doesn't happen when it's the month in which you are giving exams.

My parents are happy but they are sad too as they know I will leave them forever. It's hard on them as I am the only child.

Since the engagement took place, we all just sit together at the dining table and talk about – beautiful moments we spent together, how they had now found the best son-in-law and how they did a great job by raising me up.