Chapter 8

Petrichor was as soothing as ever and the dark gray sky was a perfection. But there is always a war going in my head. I overthink about everything.

Oh! God! Have! Mercy!

Aarav just hit my shoulders. His hands are like concrete.

"So, who was on the phone?" he asked suspiciously.

"Vivaan, my classmate," I replied in enormous pain.

"I overheard you, so you are going over to his home this Saturday."

'Yep. For assembly work. I am a class delegate."

"Good. By the way, I know where you have a scope."

"Where?"

"You love to read novels. So there is a test which is popular amongst readers. Whoever wins get money, respect and is considered as a professional reader."

"Whoaaa! Really?!"

"Yeah! All you have to do is submit a form, specifying your personal details and details of any 10 novels that you've read. They are supposed to be bestsellers."

"Great !I've read at least 50 best sellers."

"Wow! But the test will be a lot difficult. Here's the form, by the way."

"Thanks. Don't you worry about the test."

"Okay, so go for it and the best part is that it is officially happening in India. Many foreigners will be there. Though they can give the test in their own country, some prefer to give it at the event place. Moreover, there will be winners of last year's test. This one, they won't let it go easily. They will defend their title. So prepare for it well."

"Go it!!"

"I want to tell you something else too."

"What?"

"I am going back tomorrow."

"Wait......what like.......really?!'

"Yeah." he said dolefully.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

He rolled up his eyes so high that I thought they wouldn't come back but they did eventually.

"We were supposed to go back after a month but circumstances changed."

"Okay.....will you stay in contact?"

"Definitely."

I feel both happy and sad. Sad because we both had a great time together and became great friends. Happy because I'll get my room and my bed especially.