Uncontrollable - Edited

It has been six months since they locked me in here.

The walls around me are thick and white, the concrete floor cold beneath my feet. I press my hands against the forbidding material, my bloody knuckles rupturing the smooth grey of it all. At first, I hated it, but now it is the only thing that keeps me sane; the only bit that tethers me to the real world.

I look over to the one-sided window that hangs on the walls, and I imagine it turning transparent to reveal who waits behind it. I raise my hand, and the scene plays out exactly as I visualized just moments ago.

I smile. Despite their desperate efforts, there's no way to make a room completely magic-proof. Sure, I'm not as strong as I used to be, but they can't flick out the light forever.

My smile increases as I survey my work and see that no one lurks behind the glass with a clipboard and a lab coat, inspecting me like I'm an animal. As I expected, they are beginning to forget about me; to declare me powerless, and therefore, normal.

It sends memories of when I first found my powers rushing back into my brain, flooding it entirely with reminders of when I wasn't trapped in here; of when I decided to use my powers for the good of people. And, of course, when the way I used my powers was misunderstood understood; taken to be a danger. After all, not everyone likes a person who is uncontrollable.

~+ Uncontrollable +~

So this is a prologue/extended description. Our story starts in the next chapter! It will start from when he was 15, and tell how he got to this place.