Chapter Eight

The wind howled around me as the blurry figures began to form. The whispers didn't stop.

"I'll kill you."

"I'll take you back with us."

"How dare you insult us?"

"We are powerful."

"You are nothing compared to us."

"It feels so good to be out here again."

They infected my brain and clouded my thoughts. I was going to die. I was not powerful enough to fight these spirits. Today would be the day I died.

As I laid on the ground, losing any hope at the chance of survival, a voice in the back of my head piped up.

"You can't give up," it whispered to me. "Not now — not after everything you did to leave. C'mon! Fight it."

"I have no energy left," I said aloud. My conscience disagreed.

"You can do this. You have energy. You have the magic. Do it." Trying to convince me lightly apparently wasn't an option.

More remarks like this filled my brain as the spirits began to form and close in on me slowly, and eventually, I began to believe my conscious. I could do this. I had the energy too. I could take them down.

I took a deep breath and raised my hand. The spirits were so close to me I could feel their gloomy souls, like I was being infected by the burden of death they carry around.

I knew what I needed to imagine: the spirits around me disappearing completely and taking the wind and gloom with them.

I curled my hand into a fist, leaving only my index finger raised, and I closed my eyes, picturing it. I felt the magic course through my veins, eager to fulfill my latest wish.

When I opened my eyes, a dark gray smoke was expanding over the area. The pure power it contained made the air hum.

I felt magic exploding out of my finger, as if it couldn't stand to stay inside my body.

As the smoke started to clear slowly, my vision grew blurry and the world around me swam. Shouts from what I thought was my left rose up, but tiny black bugs at appeared at the edge of my blurry view, slowly eating their way across my eyes.

As they made their progress, the screams grew louder, and the sound of footsteps running towards me became clear.

"Get him!" a high, nasally voice yelled. More shouting came as I lied hopelessly on the ground. This was it. I was going to die. I tried to lift my arm up in preparation for a hand to hand fight, but I couldn't. It wouldn't budge.

The shouts sounded as if they were only two or three feet away from me. I imagined them all disappearing and raised my finger. Not even a small wisp of magic shot out of my hand.

Instead I threw up all over myself. The stench it created was horrible, and it filled my nostrils, and I had no way to escape it.

I looked over to see a pair of combat boots right in front of my face.

"Get ready to die," a man's voice said.

Then I blacked out.

~+ Uncontrollable +~

Well, that's chapter eight! I know it's extremely short, but, I'll be posting a longer chapter tomorrow as a repayment! I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!

Also, I know that this is a lot of action right away, it will all be explained within the next few chapters.

I hope you enjoyed, and thank you all for all the support you've given me!