Chapter 1

-0- is a timeskip

~~~~~~~~~~

A seven year old Freak stepped carefully down the stairs, he had to make breakfast at 7:30, it was 7:14. He had 16 minutes to scramble the eggs and fry the bacon and toast the bread before he would come. If Freak didn't make it in time, or if he burned even one crumb, he would be mad.

And if he was mad...

It took him six minutes to scramble the eggs, eight to fry the bacon, and three to toast the bread.

17 minutes.

He was one minute late. He knew what he was required to do.

Freak rang a bell seven times. He came down the stairs to see Freak, he had taught him to do this if Freak didn't finish in time.

"So, Freak, you didn't finish in time again...?" he snarled.

Freak remained silent.

"I TOLD YOU to finish by 7:30! What time is it?"

Freak remained silent and gestured to the clock.

"It is ONE MINUTE LATE. Do you remember what I said would happen if you were late again?"

Freak nodded.

An odd sick smile stretched across Vernon Dursley's face. He would never tell anyone except 'Freak', but to harm this stupid little abnormality gave him immense pleasure.

"What did I say."

Freak shuddered, though not in fear... but remained silent.

Dursley walked to their closet and brought out some ropes, and tied them roughly around Freak's wrists; He dragged Freak up the stairs, blood already starting to trail behind them. When he reached the top of the stairs, he roughly pulled his passenger left, straight into a wall, before tugging him to Freak's 'fun room'. Inside, Freak was tied, facing the wall.

"Maybe THIS will teach you, Freak!" He unbuckled his belt and slid it off, Freak could hear the warm leather hit the floor, closely followed by the sharp clang of metal against the old floorboards.

"You get one slash for every second you were late boy! 60 slashes, would you like it to increase...?"

Freak remained silent.

"Well then..." The man had a twisted grin on his face. "I guess I'll double it then..."

Vernon Dursley pulled the weathered leather back, before shoving it forwards, where it hit Freak's back with a horrible snap.

"One" his uncle snarled.

Freak remained silent.

'Snap'

"Two"

'Snap'

"Three"

'Snap'

"Four"

'Snap'

"Five"

'Snap'

"Six"

'Snap'

"Seven"

'Snap'

-0-

'Snap'

"One hundred and twenty!" The man finished his counting with a snarl, and looked back down upon Freak, who was bleeding heavily onto the floor. With a sneer, the elder left the room.

Freak smiled, a horrible, happy, hollow smile; he shuddered in the delight that being beaten had started to bring him recently...

And Freak was silent.