Chapter 6

They walked down the streets together, Hagrid was carrying his school books, cauldron, and potions ingredients and Freak was carrying his new robes. They still needed to go to the pet store and the wand store.

"Pet first?"

Freak nodded his head. With that, the duo set off towards a newer establishment: Curious Creatures. The owner, Newt Scamander, had written a book as well.

The bell tinkled merrily as Freak walked in in front of Hagrid. There were were many types of animals Freak had never seen before in the room, which looked like an exotic jungle. Many signs had things labeled like 'bowtruckles' and 'nifflers' and 'demiguise'. But one particular animal caught his eye.

Freak walked up to the lightly colored snake in the corner of the room, it seemed to be sleeping.

When Freak was no less than three feet away from it, the huge snake opened it's eyes.

They were a bright, poisonous green color.

Just like Freak's

'Ssstupid humanssss... thinking they can approach me.. Asss if I would let jussst anyone be my owner'

'Hello, beautiful sssnake'

Hagrid, who had been talking with Newt, Newt, and the snake all recoiled in surprise.

"...Harry?"

"This boy is a parseltongue?"

"I thought you were mute"

'What...? A sssspeaker? I've never met a ssspeaker before... '

'Would you let me keep you?'

'For a sssspeaker? Anything.'

The snake raised it's head from the shelf where it had been resting, and it lunged forwards.

Behind him, Hagrid yelped, and started forwards.

Newt grinned.

The snake wound around his shoulders and Freak....

Almost smiled.