Chapter 13

Updates may be a bit slow for a while, I usually update at least once a day, so I hope that anyone reading this won't have to wait more than a day between updates. 

I've been having some problems... Sorry.

To make up for it, I may write a few poems for the book, you know, add some more 'creative value' and whatnot... 

~~~~~~~~~~

"Good afternoon class! Today, you will be doing a little introductory lesson to Charms. It is very likely that today, in this class, you will be learning your first spell at Hogwarts!"
Freak looked over at Ron and Hermione as everyone else clapped and cheered. Ravenclaw had Charms with Gryffindor, where the two had been sorted.

"All right! Now, wands out!" Everyone took out their wands, Freak loved the feeling of the smooth wood between his fingers.

"Now, copy my movements: Swish and flick!" He demonstrated the technique. Then, the tiny professor waited for a few minutes so the students could practice the "Swish and Flick"

"Ok, finally, you say: Wingardium Leviosa!" With a swish (and a flick) of his wand, and the verbal incantation previously said- Professor Flitwick caused a Pillow to fly around the room, before settling onto a neat pile. Many of the students 'oohed' and 'ahed' over his magic, and others clapped at the demonstration.

"Now, you try. However, you will be doing it with feathers, as they are much easier to levitate than pillows." with another flick of his wand, white feathers appeared in front of every student. Immediately, the first years started practicing the spell, and anything between murmurs and yells of 'Wingardium leviosa!' could be heard around the room. Freak faintly heard Hermione berating Ron about his verbal incantation, when he decided to try it out.

He had a theory that you could do magic without saying anything, so he tested it.

'Wingardium Leviosa..' he thought as he 'swished and flicked' his wand, just as the teacher had. Sure enough, his feather lifted high into the air, and many students stopped to stare at him. He had done it less than three minutes after they were told to start.

"Look at that, a new Hogwarts record! Good job, Mr. Potter, 20 points to Ravenclaw!" Flitwick seemed extremely happy about this new development. The boy next to him looked at him with awe and envy evident in his eyes.

"How did you do that, you didn't even say anything!"

Freak shrugged, and Bulan looked towards the boy, causing him to back off.

~~~~~~~~~~End of Class~~~~~~~~~~

Hermione approached Freak as he made his way out of the classroom.

"How did you do it?" Freak looked at her.

"How did you do it so fast, I mean, you can't even speak! Doesn't that make it harder?!"

Hermione seemed frustrated.

"I studied all summer! How could I not get it first.?"
Freak took out a small corner from a parchment from his pouch, along with a quill, and wrote:

'Me too'

Hermione looked at him in incredulity before walking away with Ron.

Freak sighed internally and started towards his final class before lunch: Potions.