Chapter 22

AN This is the fastest I've updated since last year (get it?)

(hahaha I suck)

also, be warned. I usually have the chapters on google docs first, but this time i don't so there will probably be some mistakes. 

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

a couple months later

"TROLLS!! TROLLS IN THE DUNGEONS!" Every head turned towards the usually cowardly and quivering professor Quirrel, who was the source of the disruptive announcement. It took a while for said announcement to set in, before most of the students got up and started screaming, running around and into each other and generally leaving mayhem in their wake. 

After Dumbledoor had quieted down the student body and told everyone where to go, Freak rushed towards the Slytherin prefects, Luna trailing behind him. He gave a pointed look at this companion, before Luna told the prefects about the dilemma. 

"The professor said there was a troll in the dungeons, you know." She smiled at them. "I'm sure that a troll would love to wander into some students." The prefects pales drastically, before sending suspicious glances at their headmaster, who was watching them closely. There was no twinkle in his eyes, and he wasn't smiling like the old fool he was. 

"You're welcome to stay near the Ravenclaw dorms, I suspect." Luna smiled again, before wandering off with Freak behind her, as the Slytherin and Ravenclaw houses started to merge. 

Freak nodded to her in thanks before following both houses to the Ravenclaw dorms, the sharp edged stare of the headmaster trailing after him.  

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

At Dinner, after their classes, Dumbledoor made an announcement. Apparently Hermione Granger had been in a girls bathroom when the troll had gone in, Weasley, who had realized that Granger hadn't been at lunch, had gone looking for her, and held off the troll long enough for the teachers to arrive. Unfortunately, they hadn't been in time to save Ronald from a concussion and three broken bones. Unfortunately for the Gryffindors, they had gained and lost 50 points simultaneously, so Ron's heroics didn't help bump them up in standing for the house cup. So far  Ravenclaw was in the lead, Slytherin was second, Hufflepuff third, trailing by a simple 40 points, and Gryffindor was last. (that was mostly thanks to the twins.) 

AN Sorry it's so short but hey 

I updated. 

and it isn't a filler. 

.

.

Everyone, quick! Get out your shocked faces!

--------------

The poll is continuing! Refer to the previous chapter to vote! 

as of right now, the leading ships are voldy/harry and luny/neville

if I do sail some ships in this story it will be in the next book at the earliest, by the way, going off of the polls right now. 

If you got all the way to the bottom of my insane author's note, that is still open!