Chapter 31

Ah, hey guys. Remember me? 

I'm not dead! yay. So... 

I've really been struggling to find motivation for this story. I feel really bad because I know how many of you wait so patiently for my stupid backend to update. 

Since I've started writing this story I have changed a lot. I have had a lot of major events domino effect in my life. 

I don't remember if I explicitly told you guys in Freak, but in August 2018 my Dad died from stage four colon cancer. (I really don't feel like checking either, sorry)

I have had a lot of wonderful people support, understand, and love me throughout the process of grieving so far- but my point is, I see the world a lot differently now. I've also started high school since I last have a decent update and boy does that change some stuff.

I've looked back on my early chapters (I wrote 1-10 or so in like.. a DAY when I was like... 11 so they're all pretty similar in structure and not very well written) and I'm really not connecting with the characters I had established. 

By the way, I AM NOT LOOKING FOR PITY, I AM NOT LOOKING FOR PEOPLE TO TRY TO SAY I'M SEEKING ATTENTION. All I'm saying is that I cannot go on writing this story in the way that I have. It wouldn't be fair to you guys, the quality would go down, very little plot would be established, the characters would drastically change, and I would overall feel ashamed of what I had done. 

I want to know what you guys think about this- I am thinking of a couple options going forward. 

1- I continue the story as I have, and finish the few chapters that are left in this "arc" and leave the rest up to imagination.

2- I take a while to completely start over and write over the current chapters. If you guys want this then I would probably put the older versions in a separate place so you guys can go and read it for whatever reason (I don't know why you would though, 11-12 year old me was super.. weird)

3- I finish the story as I have been writing and leave it up for adoption, with an optional copy of my story outline if the person so chooses. 

I'll leave this up to you guys- just a fair warning, no matter which one happens, it's probably going to take a while

I am so sorry that I couldn't be a better author, I know my writing kind of sucked but I've been trying my best. I hope someone who has more motivation for this story might want to pick up where I'll be leaving you all, or that I find the motivation to mold this into something better for you. I love you all so much, and I am so grateful for all of the interest and support you've shown for Freak. 

Thank you. 

Last time: 

"Grinning evilly, Voldemort came close enough for Freak to smell his putrid breath.

'Show away then, Harry Potter. We have all the time in the world."

(I'm continuing this on my phone and I don't know how to use bold/italics/underline so I'll use 'words' for Freak projecting thoughts and "words" for speaking as per usual )

'On one condition' An idea started to form in Freak's mind that he really shouldn't like as much as he did.

"Oh? And what may that be?" Voldemort sneered down at the boy.

'Help me get rid of my relatives, then I'll give you the stone.' His eyes glinted in the dim light.

Surprised, Voldemort hardly had a response to the unusual request- he had expected something valiant, or noble. This was possibly murder. He grinned. "And why may that be?"

'They need to pay for what they've done to me.' 

Voldemort grinned even wider. "It's a deal Potter. Let's get this over with quickly, where are they?" A plan started to form- he couldn't believe his luck! 

'Number four, privet drive in little whinging.' He imagined the rows of quaint white picket homes. -(AN- I don't remember the exact address, correct me if I'm wrong!)

———— hopefully, to be continued.———

If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm not going to try to excuse my absence any more, I've actually developed a life and I'm quite proud of that fact. Lol

Make sure you are all staying safe during these trying times- I hope you are all quarantining yourselves as much as possible. I know this virus may seem inconsequential to some of you, but your inaction to be inactive could cause other or yourself to get seriously ill, and possibly die. More and more young people are falling ill with the virus, and some of the younger generations are dying too, not just the older generations and the immunocompromised. It may seem extreme, and I know it could have been handled better (I mean seriously people, toilet paper?? Loading up on too many groceries? Only take what you need! I ran into an older couple at the market the other day and they couldn't find any food to you know, live! I'm hearing from some friends and family that they are running out of toilet paper and cleaning supplies fast because they didn't rush out initially and stock up with a crazy amount! Some people are going to have to find alternate solutions to toilet paper and I'm not even going to approach how gross that it and how it can hurt our sewer systems and plumbing, as well as aid in the spread of bacteria!) ugh. Either way, if you do your part now, we can get our lives back into motion. 

And if someone you've been in contact with tests positive for corona, I would suggest that if you're asymptomatic to stay home for as long as possible- this isn't  really medical advice as much as, if you aren't showing symptoms I think you'll be good (I could be wrong, this is just what my family is doing) and there's a very limited number of supplies going around and tests available. Also- hospitals have a lot of germs lying around that might get you more sick. :( 

Anyway- I'm done with my pandemic rant. You could probably have just skipped all of that which I'm fine with, just figured I'd say something at least. 

Again, stay safe, stay healthy, stay positive- and if you're in school, keep up with your work!