Chapter 10

After 10 minutes, the treats were gone, and Ron and the girl were staring at him again.

Then, the door opened once again. A tall, thin boy with light blond hair and pale eyes looked down his nose at them all.

"And who are you? From the hair, I would guess you must be a Weasley... Multiply like rabbits, they do."

Ron's face turned as red as his hair.

"Why you-"

"Ron stop!" Now the girl was in the center of attention.

"Never seen you before, you must be a mudblood. Look at that, Crabbe, Goyle. The blood traitor is being ordered around by a mudblood!"

The two goons behind him laughed.

"And what do we have here?" The boy turned to look at Freak, and Bulan thought that was a good time to make himself known.

'Ssssstupid child' he hissed at the boy, who had taken a step back in alarm.

'Calm, Bulan' At this, everyone in the compartment went silent.

'You're not mute.." The girl...

"Intresting.." The pompous boy...

"Merlin's beard, you're a parseltongue!" Hm that was new, no one thought of him as a Freak...

He still was one though...

Even if no one knew...

"So... What's your name?" The pale-eyed boy seemed extremely interested now.

"You shouldn't hang around this scum, you know... you'll probably get in Slytherin anyway, so there's no point in making friends with people like them who will obviously not be."

Freak actually hissed. Bulan crept up his shoulders and towered above his head, displaying his long fangs, and hissed with him. The two sounds mingled until a truly terrifying noise was rolling around the compartment. It sounded like quickly shifting sand full of vipers.

"Freak!" Ah.. there it was. Freak sat down, and ducked his head, sitting a little closer to the girl. These people were actually nice to Freak, and this other boy was only making fun of them. He would get no mercy, later, but for now...

'Bulan....? How do humanssss sssshow thanksssss? Affection?'

'It'ssss quite odd.... They ussssually wrap their armssss around them and lightly squeeze them, maybe it is reasssssurance?'

'I don't know.... Thanksssss Bulan'

Freak carefully wrapped his arms around the girl, who had been watching the exchange in curiosity. Over her shoulder, he wrote:

'What is this... called?'

He showed the new words to her and she gaped.

"It's a hug! How do you not know what a hug is....?"

'I don't know... Bulan told me'

The girl frowned. Then, Ron spoke up.

"Hay, what's your name, anyway?"

"Oh sorry." She seemed embarrassed, "I'm Hermione Granger."

Freak nodded and Ron made a sound of acknowledgement.

"We should get dressed into our robes. The train will be at Hogwarts soon" said Ron.

Hermione left to get changed, as did Ron. Alone, Freak decided to change in the compartment. He locked the door and closed the window shades.

When he finished, he unlocked the door and waited for Ron and Hermione.