Chapter 14

I hope you enjoy the poem and the chapter. 

Sorry for the late-ish chapter, we (My school) had a band concert Saturday really late (because our school's performance was postponed). I used this morning to sleep in instead of working on the chapter. I couldn't do it Friday either because I had to work on two essays and last minute cramming for band. 

Sorry again, and here's the poem - Bird's Nest

'I look upon a nest a see

A happy family.

The mother and her fledgelings,

They live in harmony.

The mother cares and nurtures,

Then teaches all she knows,

Before sending off on gusts of wind,

Where they'll now be alone.

Sometimes... I wonder... if I could fly,

Using polished, precious strips of wood...

Would I have scars

From teeth and claws,

Of a less than happy childhood?'

It's seems almost whimsical (Espeacially if you read it out loud), which is odd because usually I don't use that style... 

meh.

~~~~~~~~~~Chapter 14 start~~~~~~~~~~

Freak walked into the dark dank dungeon and Bulan hissed happily at the cool environment. Once again, he was first, and sat near the front of the class. Now it only took five minutes for the class to fill, a few moments later, the teacher walked in.

"I am your potions master for the year, Professor Snape." He started. "I expect the absolute best from everyone of you. Now..." he looked around the room before his eyes landed on Freak. "We will be starting by doing some questions to evaluate your prior knowledge of potions."

He looked around the room again, then snapped."Potter, what would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?"

Freak, deciding he couldn't ignore the question, took out parchment and started to write.

'They make an extremely powerful sleeping potion known as the drought of living death.'

Looking over his shoulder, Snape seemed impressed and almost annoyed, then asked another question.

"Where would you look if I told you to find a bezoar?"

'A bezoar is a stone taken from the stomach of a goat, and it can cure almost all poisons.'

Now Snape was just impressed before shooting off his last question.

"What's the difference between monkshood and wolfsbane?"

Freak began to write once more.

'They are the same plant, they also go but the name aconite.'

Snape looked almost excited now, and extremely impressed, before addressing the class.

"I hope all of you have been studying like Potter, I won't take anything less than the best." The Hufflepuffs, which the Ravenclaws had potions with, looked apprehensive.

Then, Snape gave a proper introduction to the class.

"There will be no foolish wand-waving or silly incantations in this class. As such, I don't expect many of you to appreciate the subtle science of the potion making. However, for those of you who possess the pre-disposition, I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to brew glory, bottle fame, and even put a stopper in death." The entire class was in awe for a few moments after this statement, and the Ravenclaws all looked extremely eager.

"Now!" Snape started, making a few students startle because they were snapped out of their ponderings; "Today you will be brewing..."

~~~~~~~~~~Timeskip-end of class~~~~~~~~~~

Snape POV.

I walked around the room and couldn't help but notice that all but two of my students had failed. I would be happy that at least some students had prior knowledge or a natural knack if the students in question weren't a 'loony' starry eyed-fairy tail worshipper and the son of my late rival and love interest, who seems to have picked up his mother's skills with potions. I can't help but feel some fondness towards the boy... His eyes are so much like Lily's... and he seems to actually be paying attention, and showing interest.

Unlike most of the class...

I sighed as remembered my godson, who had been in his last class with Gryffindor and Slitherin. He seemed to think that he had a free pass for the class just because we knew each other. If he stopped fooling with his housemates maybe he would actually amount to something like his father wanted him to...

Goyle and Crabbes' sons potions had both been horrid... They were a bubbling, stinking green, contrasting blaringly with the perfect, gentle rippling crimson potion which belonged to Potter, who now sat acrossed the room.

The bell rang, and like always all the students but a few stragglers ran out of the classroom as fast as their little adolescent legs could take them. It was actually pretty depressing really, were my classes that bad...?

Was it the subject in general or just... Me?

Today, however, one student did stay behind. He looked up at me through his glasses lenses, green eyes- Lily's eyes - blank, yet oddly calculating, before he silently retreated to the door, arms empty, and slipping something inside the pouch around his neck. His snake looked back at me, and it's eyes looked nearly identical to the boy's. These eyes, though, were more viscous and threatening, like the snake was telling him to back off and stay away from my boy. I almost shuddered at the thought... A Pedo-snake, perhaps?

I have myself a moment to think about the strange Potter before starting to clean up so that the room would be ready after lunch.

I'll have to see more brats soon...

Ugh...

~~~~~~~~~~

I redid this chapter because I realized that it was a class with Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw, but I accidentially added Gryffindors/Slitherins in the present tense. Sorry for any confusion I may have caused.