Chapter 27

Art isn't by me**

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

With a barely audible sigh, Freak flopped backwards onto his bed. He lay there for a moment, reveling in the warming charms that he had cast before laying down, before opening his palm to let the fiery stone glint in the low candlelight. 

It was almost two in the morning by the time that Freak got back to the Ravenclaw dorms. It had been relatively easy to make his way back through the obstacles after he had already gone through them. 

What had been an issue was getting the stone back to the Ravenclaw dorms. He had to spend more time than he was comfortable with in his larger, human form so he could hold the stone. As soon as he got there though, he started browsing through the small private Ravenclaw book collection, trying to find books on this stone. In the book, "Notable Magical Artifacts Through the Ages," he found what he was looking for. 

"The ancient study of alchemy is concerned with making the Philosopher's Stone, a legendary substance with astonishing powers. The Stone will transform any metal into pure gold. It also produces the Elixir of Life, which will make the drinker immortal."

A stone granting eternal life? Now this is something he could use. How much would someone do or pay for this? 

For now though, Freak was going to put it safely at the bottom of his trunk-  away from any prying eyes. 

-_-_-_-_-_-

On the other side of the castle, a certain professor started to form a massive headache originating at the back of his skull.

-_-_-_-_-

Sorry this is short! I had to finish this up on my phone (which I only just figured out how to do) right before school started! 

Anyway, hope you enjoyed it despite it's length!

And feel free to check out my poetry book, it's the little things!