Chapter 9

~~~~~~~~~~September 1st~~~~~~~~~~

Freak looked at the red heads next to him, Hagrid had left him with them so that he could get to Hogwarts.

"Hello dear, Hagrid told us to show you how to get on the train." Freak wondered why this woman was ignoring the giant lethal snake around his neck, the rest of her family definitely stayed clear...

He nodded to show his understanding.

"Okay, you just walk through this wall. Here, Ron will go with you, won't you, Ron dear?"

"A-ah yes Mom." The youngest boy stepped forwards and introduced himself.

"R-Ron Weasley." Freak shook his hand, Bulan nodded at him, which seemed to make him more scared....

"U-uh okay, here we go." They stepped through the barrier and were met with a thick wall of steam, before long it dissipated. There was a gleaming crimson steam engine waiting on the rails. The shining words 'Hogwart's Express' could be seen on the side. Ignoring Ron, Freak walked into the train. All his belongings were packed in his necklace.

He eventually found an empty compartment, where he sat down to wait for the train to start.

~~~~~~~~~~10 minutes later ~~~~~~~~~~

A bushy haired girl opened up his compartment.

"Have you seen Neville's toad?"

Freak shook his head.

"Okay, thanks anyway." she left.

Suddenly, a red haired boy pushed past her.

"Hey mate, do ya think maybe I could sit here? All the other compartments are full or have loonies in 'em.

Freak nodded slowly. Was this kid able to hear himself...?

 "Thanks! Man oh man, is anyone else excited for Hogwarts?"

"Well," the bushy haired girl said, "I guess I am, I was born into a family of regular people, so I've never really seen magic before."

Freak nodded.

"Oh, uh okay. I'm Ron, Ron Weasley!" He sat down.

"What's your name?" he asked.

Freak shook his head.

"What, are ya mute or something?"

Freak just looked at him.

"Oh..."

A few minutes passed in silence, and the train started to move.

"Do you think you could write down your name?"

Freak nodded. He remembered writing from school. The teachers didn't like it when he wrote "freak" into the name portion of the paper, but he usually did it anyway.

He started to write on the paper given to him by the bushy haired girl, who had sat down in the compartment with them.

F...r..ea....k

"Your name is Freak!?" Ron sounded appalled. Why?

Y...es

"Who in their right mind would name you Freak?"

My.... Au..nt an..d un..cle....a..nd me

"Why would you call yourself that, mate?"

It's who... I.. am

Flabbergasted, Ron stopped asking about his name.

Until...

"Good lord, what's under your bangs?"

Freak reached up and slid his bangs to the side, and Ron started gaping.

"Oh my god... You're Harry Potter!"

Freak looked at him in annoyance and wrote:

I don't know why everyone wants to call me that... I am Freak, it's who I am, no one else. Deal with it.

Freak frowned in frustration.

"Okay then. Ron, drop it. How are you... Freak?"

Freak wrote:

I am not anything. What do you mean?

"Well...... are you happy?"

"Happy...? No, no.. not for a long time..."

Before any questions could be asked, the food trolley arrived outside the compartment.

"Hello dears, Cauldron cake?"

This chapter was revised at 8:31 pm, June 14, 2017