Midnight Sacrifice

Title: Midnight Sacrifice 

Author: Nikkie Anatolevna

Genre: Romance, dark fantasy, historical fiction

Summary: The Gods are falling and the God is rising. The ancient world is at war and the new one is dying.  The lineage of the Angels is crumbling and the Fallen are rising.

Only ships can save us now. Stout wooden ships bearing the mark of the shadows. Stout wooden ships riding on a tidal wave of the blood of heroes.

We have chosen to die on our feet rather than to live on our knees.

~~ 

Our lives are never going to be the same again. From the moment we were born, we were marked to live in a way no one should ever have to live, to have what everyone wants but what no one should have. Our fates are more twisted than the leaves of a palm tree blowing in the wind and more sure than a sailor’s knot. Our pasts are dark and dangerous, with demons lurking in the corners, waiting to prey on our minds. Our betrayals run deep and thick, our actions now the product of those treacheries. We were born in the wrong universe, where knowledge thrives but lives fade, where we are forced to fight a war that we never belonged to but one where we were drawn into.

Our enemy is older than the Gods, Gods who were old in the beginning of it all, but he is younger than the worlds that were never meant to be. He is a shadow of the past and an echo of the present, always there to remind us of how our worlds will fall in sand and storm, in the flames and ash of the beasts, in darkness and ice.

And when it is over, when everything is dead, water will be the final punishment.

We will die. 

We will all die.

Link: http://www.wattpad.com/story/10077471-midnight-sacrifice