Magnus Pov

I hate it. I absolutely hate it. I hate hate hate it. I hated the plan. "Why do we have to do this? This doesn't even help our plan!" I asked my father. He grinned, "Well I guess it isn't relevant. But I need to know if you are trustworthy. I need to know if you can still follow the plan under a little pressure."

Augh. According to this "plan" of his, I had to do a job for the Shadowhunters that might leek our original plan. Our original plan that my father was planning to revenge on the shadowhunters. If I helped, I might be able to save them. I know it was a risk but I had too.

"Fine!" I yelled and started going out. I created a portal only by a whisk of my hand and marched right into the institute. "What could you possibly want?" I asked Jace sarcastically. He replied at the same tone back, "Nice to see you again too, Magnus!"

"Magnus." Jace spoke. "We need help--" I broke him off, "I need this quick. Just tell me what I have to do." The truth was that I didn't want to run into Alec. Isabelle marched in, "There has been a demon attack near the subway. We got few shadowhunters hurt and I need you to help. If you don't want to, can you at least call Catarina?"

I shook my head, "I'll do it. Where are the shadowhun-" I stopped as Alec entered the room. He glared the moment he found me. "What is he doing here?" He asked Jace. I spoke, "I'm helping few of your kind." He spoke sharply, "I didn't ask you."

I flinched. I could see the guilt in his eyes as he noticed my flinch. I turned away from him. I asked Isabelle, "Where are they?" 

- After healing the shadowhunters -

"Phew!" I wiped the sweat off my forehead. I was exhausted from spending the whole evening doing magic. I started going out the doorway. Before I could go, Alec shouted after me, "Magnus!" I turned slowly, "Alexander. What?" He spoke slowly, thinking about what he was saying, "Magnus. I know we broke up. But could you," He paused as he looked up, "Just tell me why you, why we, broke up?" 

I could see the pain in both of us yet I couldn't explain. I shook my head, "Alexander, I can't explain. I'm sorry." Alec's face turned to fury as he yelled at me, "Yeah of course you can't! Like all the other things that is about you!" Then he stormed away.

I just shook my head in despair and went back to my loft.