Alec Pov

We all spreaded into a big semi-circle against Magnus' father. We appeared at once and started to run towards him. His eyes widened as Magnus broke away from the spell. Magnus stumbled onto his knees as he groaned. But then he stood up again and exploded in tiny blue sparks.

After he rose up, he fell back down again. Jace nodded at me so I rushed to Magnus. I held his hand and spoke, "Do it!" He only shook his head, "No. You need the strength." I shook my head, "No, take it. At least a little bit." He reluctantly took my hand and I felt a ping through me as power rushed out of me. 

After that, I could tell Magnus was still tired and took the least amount of energy as possible. He spoke, "I'm okay. We have to help the others" With a bit of struggling (Magnus was trying to hide it but it was obvious), Magnus stood up and ran to his father. I ran the other way from Magnus and started to shoot at the Prince of Hell. 

Magnus' father screamed in pain as we fought. Jace, Izzy, and Clary were continuing to slash at Adoleus, while Magnus used his magic to close the portal. However, we couldn't do this forever. Jace, Izzy, Simon, Clary, and I were getting tired and Magnus barely had enough power and time to close the portal. But we continued to fight. 

Adoleus laughed as he whooshed a big wave of wind, knocking us down. He began walking towards Magnus who had fallen onto the ground, exhausted. He is burning up!  I told to myself. I should have forced him to take more strength. Magnus continued his magic even on the floor, slowly stitching the portal up. Adoleus screamed, "No!" and threw Magnus against the wall. Without any strength, like a doll, Magnus just flew, hit the wall and dropped to the ground. For a second, I was scared Magnus was dead but Magnus tried to sit up and continue his magic.

We were tired more than ever yet Adoleus was just getting started.