Magnus Pov

I tapped my foot impatiently. It was only a few hours from my father coming making me do my deed. I was scared to death Alexander and his friends wouldn't come. My heart was beating fast.

I looked out the window, searching for nothing in the landscape. The snow was falling and landing one the ground like broken pieces of a styrofoam. That styrofoam would be my heart. It was beautiful and elegant at the same time like Alexander. Nothing should be beautiful when there are so much danger and heartbreak in the world  I thought.

I waited and waited for my father to come. In case Alexander and his friends came late, I created a sign for them to see out my door. Come to my secret vault. There, give me a sign so I know you are here. Then, wait for my signal to attack. You will know it when you see it.

My father appeared a few minutes later, catching me staring into the nothingness from the sofa. He sat beside and for a moment, he felt like an actual father. He spoke quietly, "A beautiful day, isn't it?" I nodded still not turning to meet his gaze. He spoke quietly, "I know you don't believe me but I'm really sorry about you and Alexander. He doesn't deserve you."

I whipped around and glared at him, my eyes blaring, "No. You don't know that. You can't. You don't know love because you never been in one. So leave me alone." He only nodded and we sat there just looking into the distance together.

We waited and just sat there, waiting for the hour to come. I was nervous before but now, I didn't feel anything. No sorry for the shadowhunters. No love nor hate. I didn't care for the world. I just wanted to sit there watch the world age. 

I sighed as my father evantually stood up. I looked up to face him. He spoke and gave me his hand, "It's time Magnus. You must lead the army to the Shadowhunters' destruction." I took his hand and stood up beside him. Together, we walked to my vault.

 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Okay. I know there wasn't much happening in this chapter. But there will be in the next one. I'm sorry but it will give me a heartache to type it. Well, anyway bye!

~ writer ~