Alec Pov

I was staring at the ceiling, laying on the bed for hours now. Couldn't erase Magnus' face in mind. I couldn't help but smile at the thought of him but I closed it again. I couldn't do anything but just think about our plan and what Magnus had told us.

After a couple of knocks, Jace came in. "Hey," he spoke quietly. "How you doing?" I sat up and glared at him, "When did I invite a therapist?" Jace glared back then smirked, "Since when you question my work of being a therapist?" 

I sighed, "Really. Lay of the sarcasm. Please. Just one day." He grinned and replied, "Fine. But you have to come out and train with me and the others." I groaned in reply, "Augh, please not Clary. Anyone but Clary." He grinned and slapped me on my back, "And he's back!" I smiled weakly back and got up to go to the Training Centre.

I began doing simple fighting techniques against Izzy. I must have been distracted (and I was) because the first second I stepped onto the mat, Izzy had knocked me down before she had the time to even touch me.She smiled widely and helped me up.

We had worked the whole day to work on training yet I couldn't beat Izzy. Even she was tired of me losing and was frowning, "Alec, where did the power-fueled guy go?" I just shook my head and sat down. Magnus all of sudden puffed beside me. I whispered, "What are you doing here!?" Magnus replied quickly, as if in a hurry, "The others can't see me right now. I just wanted to remind you to come to my house at my secret workplace." I nodded.

I couldn't decide if I should say something or not so I just nodded. There was an awkward silence between us until I left and went to my home. I could here Magnus sigh and started to leave. Good. I thought. Go away.

-  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Hey! I know this chapter is short and so is the other in the War of Hearts. I'm sorry but I'm really busy and I had a writer's block for this story right now. But I hope you like it!

~ writer ~