Alec Pov

"Magnus?" I was surprised to find him entering the Institute. He replied quickly, "I'll explain everything. Get Jace, Clary and Isabelle ready. We are about to have a war." I was about to laugh and say Sebastian was long dead but by the look of Magnus' face, I knew he was serious. I nodded and ran to get them.

Jace, Clary, and Izzy were all in the same room playing poker. "HA!" Jace yelled. "I win for the 5th time in the row!" I barged in, breaking Jace's victory. Izzy glared at me, "Knocking? That was your rule." I apologized, "Sorry. Magnus is here to tell us something." Clary's eyes widened at the mention of Magnus. I know Jace and Izzy were too since I didn't like to talk about Magnus anymore.

Magnus was sitting on the couch near a computer, gazing at his ring that adorned his finger. Jace was the first one to speak, "Magnus! What are you doing here?" Magnus sighed looking uncomfortably at me, "Well, the thing is that... Um. My father is back." Clary gasped whispering, "Oh no. Oh no. No. nononononon-" Izzy cut her off, "What is he doing here?! I had enough of him. He took Simon's memories!" 

Magnus waved that off as if it wasn't important, "We all know and remember that. I know that you all hate my father, I do too, and this information would only make you hate him more. He is planning on a war agains the Shadowhunters but wielding the Sword of Hell. That will give him the power of the demons like the Mortal Cup. However, the Sword of Hell is found in the deep Underworld. When the one who wields the Sword kill someone, their soul go trapped into the sword. No freedom."

I shuddered at the thought of it. Then a question came to me, "How do you know all this? How do you know his plan?" Magnus was twisting his ring on his finger, not answering the question. Then the realization hit me. "You knew all this!" I spoke. I turned to Magnus so he had to look at me into my eyes. "You are part of his plan! He asked you to retrieve the Sword!"

Magnus stuttered, "Alexander. I-I-I only did it to protect you and your friends. He offered protection for you. He suspects I would tell you but I had to pretend to be loyal to him. I came here 10 days before the winter solstice! I swear, no matter what, I wasn't planning to help him without a way to cheat him in the end!" I just shook my head in disgust. 

I turned to my parabatai to see what he thought. He was frowning as if he couldn't tell if it was good Magnus came at all or if Magnus didn't tell us any sooner. Then Jace spoke after a moment of thinking, "Magnus, Alec is right. You should have come earlier. And how can we trust you? Your father might be controlling you this minute!"

Before he could protest, Izzy came to his rescue, "Guys, this is Magnus. He is the High Warlock of Brooklyn. Nobody is better at magic then him. Plus, he hates his father. Why else wouldn't he ever mention him to Alec?" I spat at Magnus, "Because he was his pawn the whole time!" 

Clary shook her head, "Magnus wouldn't do that. If he did, why would he offer his immortality before? Plus Alec. He loves you." I glared at Clary as my voice turned cold, "He loves no one except himself." Magnus hurt by my words interrupted our discussion, "I don't care what you think. But just come to my loft and my secret vault. Alexander, you know where it is. There enter and slay him with the Sword."

Izzy started to escort Magnus back outside. Before he left, he turned around and spoke softly to me, "Aku cinta kamu."