Alec Pov

I ran along with Jace, Clary, Simon, and Izzy. We were heavy with seraph blades, daggers, and for me, my special bow and arrow. We were rushing in Magnus' apartment. We were late. I mean late late. I mean late late late. Shut up Alec!  I told myself. When I get nervous, I talked a lot. 

When we reached Magnus' apartment, I saw a note on the door. Come to my secret vault. There, give me a sign so I know you are here. Then wait for my signal to attack. You will know it when you see it. Jace scoffed at that note, "How can he be so reckless and sure?! It's like a war!" Izzy shook her head too. She was really serious when it came to things like this. Clary started to draw a rune on her hand. "It's for light." She explained. "Whenever, it hits something, since it's high temperature, it burns the flesh of the thing." Simon just looked confused.

I had gotten my bow and arrow out, ready. "Guys," I whispered. "Come on. I know where his loft is." They followed me into Magnus' storage room to find a shelf open. I sneaked in to find Magnus and his father. Before we entered the room, we all put on invisibility runes.

"Magnus!" the Prince of Hell yelled. "Do it quick before those shadowhunters you told to come in!" Magnus only hissed, "I'm trying! Don't just pressure me!" I slowly walked towards Magnus and kissed him on the chick. He continued with his magic but I could tell he knew by the wideness of his eyes. I slowly backed away to rejoin my friends. 

Magnus was starting to get tired. Sweat pearled his arms as he struggled to make a portal so big. Then, he started to wobble. He clenched his teeth and stood up straight again. I winced at the thought of him crumbling to the ground. Magnus continued to reach into the hell. 

Magnus fell down to the ground. I wanted to run and catch him but Jace held me close. I tried to fight him but I saw Magnus shake his head. I finally gave up and stood quietly. Magnus was continued to use his magic. I knew soon he would get tired and he would pass out. 

I continued to stare until Magnus' eyes widened. He snapped his fingers and nodded towards me. I nodded to the rest of us.