Alec Pov

~ ten years later ~

It was ten years after Magnus had fallen into his coma. Everyone paid respects to him. Like Luke and Maia. Even my parents. My father seemed like he didn't want to admit it but Magnus was in this state because he saved the world's lives. All of our lives were in debt to him.

Even if people came, soon they left. From 15 visitors every day, it went down to just me, Izzy, Clary, Jace, and Simon. But they stopped coming too. 

~ Flash Back ~

Jace spoke, patting my back, "Alec, I think it's time to go." I only shook my head, "I'll stay longer, you guys can go." Jace shook his head, "No, I actually mean it. We should go." I just laughed bitterly at that, "NO. I ACTUALLY mean it. I'm staying." Izzy sighed, "Alec, you've been here all day today. You have to rest for tomorrow."

Jace and Simon both picked up my arms. I pushed them away. Clary whispered quietly, "I think we should leave Alec alone for now." I just turned to Mangus and spoke, "Maybe you should. I would be better off without you." I couldn't tell if they have left or not but I didn't turn around because I knew it would mean I regretted saying that. I just kept holding onto Magnus. 

From that on, I never knew if they continued visiting Magnus. I just knew they won't come with me. I met them in the halls and from training. They acted like nothing happened. Clary was smiling warmly as if she didn't even hear the comment. But I knew they remembered it and didn't think it as lightly as they showed. I could tell the look of disgust or guilt before Izzy talked to me. I could hear all the muttering that Jace and Simon made about me. But I couldn't care less.

~ Back to Today ~

The truth was today was the anniversary of our first date. I remember how awkward I was. I would cringe at that now. I sat beside Magnus just holding his hand. I spoke softly, "Hey. I'm still here." I kissed his palm, right in the centre. "I missed you," I said. "Magnus, don't worry. Everything's fine. Just come back." I couldn't help but cry. Tears streaked down my face. It ran down like a train, never stopping. "Magnus, just come back." I cried.

I planted my face on the bed and sobbed. I cried, stifled. The only noise other than my cries were my whispers, "Magnus, come back." I stood up and screamed at him. "MAGNUS BANE! I'M TELLING YOU TO COME BACK!" I wept, "Magnus. Please. Come back. I love you." My whole face was wet from my teardrops skidding down to my chin. They popped and splashed and disappeared like all my dreams and hopes of being with Magnus. "Magnus," I spoke softly. "I love you." I bent forward and kissed him on the lips. As I pulled away his lips lingered on mine.

I covered my face with my hands in despair. I was lost until I heard a voice, "Alexander?" I slowly lifted my head. "Magnus!" I exclaimed. I hugged him tightly. Magnus half coughed and half laughed, "Good to see you again too!" I kissed him hard and slow. Both of our faces had tears running down. Only our foreheads touched. I smiled and told him, "Never leave me again Magnus. Never ever do that again. I love you." Magnus smiled back, "I love you too." 

For the rest of the day, people rushed into congratulate Magnus and me. But all I could do is just hope nothing like this would happen. Magnus and I were just hugging each other, staring out the window, into the world as we know it. "Magnus?" I asked him. He turned to face me and spoke, "Hmm?" I kissed him and stared back at the window, "Don't leave me." He turned to the window again too, "I won't.