12~Fine you're right!!

Marie-Anne POV

I lay in bed looking at the ceiling and singing out loud to Ed Sheeran's song 'Shape of you' I move my head to the beat of the song and raise my voice even louder when I reach the chorus.

When the song ends I take my beats headphones out to go start on my paper. Before I could even get up I hear a pair of hands clapping. I turn my eyes to the door and see Dylan standing there.

"You have a wonderful voice." He says too sarcastic for my taste.

"Save the sugarcoating, what are you doing here and how the hell did you get in my room?" I ask just realizing that a stranger was inside my house.

"I wanna talk and E let me in."

"E?" I ask. Why does he call her that when he can't even call me by my nickname?

"Yeah, isn't that what you call her?" I try to forget about it and try not to let my pettiness take over.

"So, what did you want to talk about?" I ask getting up starting to walk around the room.

"Us," he replies. Us? I never thought there were a us.

"I wasn't aware there was a us needed to talk about."

"Well, can you just stop pacing around the room and sit down," Dylan says touching the bed that he now was sitting on. I didn't offer him a seat.

"Sure," I walk over and sit down waiting for an explanation about us.

"Well, first off, why is your room so plain and simple?" He questions looking over the room.

"Well, I like it like that."

"No, you don't," he speaks back.

"Yes, I do."

"No, you don't," he says raising an eyebrow.

"Yes, I do," I basically yell back. Who does he think he is? He comes to my room and tries to tell me what I do and don't like.

"Yes, you do."

"No, I don't," I say. I put my hands over my mouth and frown when I realized that he tricked me into agreeing with him. Laughter was already consuming me because of what happened. After a few moments, I just let it go and laugh away. Dylan then joins me and we keep laughing for a while.

"You have a beautiful laugh." He says honestly.

"No, I don't, you can admit that I have the weirdest laugh ever."

"Okay," he says his hands now raised in the air. "Maybe you do have a weird laugh, but it's music to my ears."

"Thanks, I guess," I get up and walk over to my table grabbing my laptop. I come back and sit back on the bed opening my laptop to start my paper. From the corner of my eye, I could see Dylan watching my every move very carefully.

"I thought you wanted to talk?" I ask as I waited for the laptop to load.

"I did or I do, but you are clearly busy." He gets up to leave but turns around when he sees the wallpaper on my screen.

"Is that you?" He asks pointing at my fourteen-year-old self.

"Yes,"

"Who's these other people?" He asks pointing at my family.

"That's my dad, mom, and my siblings."

"All these are your siblings?" He asks sounding like everyone else that I've shown my family too.

"Yes," I say getting a little angry.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to get you mad. It's just that you have a really big family."

"Yep, I do," I say stating the obvious.

"That must be nice and awesome."

He looks me in the eye and gives me a small smile looking regretful that he had said that just like everyone else I've shown my family too. I smile back at him and decide not to let it get to me. I have a big family and I should be used to people looking at us weird by now.

"Yes, it is," I say.

"So, what do you guys do for fun?" He asks sounding interested.

"Um... A lot of things actually, but we mostly play sports together." I say remembering the old memories.

"I never pictured you to be the sports type."

"Well, when you have a bunch of brothers, you are the sports type."

"Okay."

"Okay."

An awkward silence gets between us and he just stares into space. He gets up and studies the room carefully. His eyes land on my volleyball ball and he look at me.

"I played sometimes back in high school," I say answering the question he had in mind.

"I play too, you think we could go to my house and play sometimes?" He asks. I gave him a weird look on why we should go to his house to play and he quickly answers what I was thinking. "Or not," he says.

"If you didn't want to, why did you suggest it?" I ask trying to sound angry.

"Sorry, my house has a court, but I just remembered that the court was from our old house until we moved." He lies. I could see sweats under his nose and he couldn't even look me in the eye when he talked.

"Anyways, we should play sometimes that's all,"  he says breaking the silence.

"Dylan."

"Yes?" He asks turning around.

"You still have something to tell me?"

"Oh, yeah I did, didn't I?" I nod my head in agreement and he walks over to the bed and sits down again. He rubs his hands over his face and looked me an the eye. His body was so tense that I could feel how nervous he was and I could see the debate he was having with his conscious.

"So?" I ask nodding my head telling him to tell me.

"Okay, I can't stop thinking about you." He finally blurts out. My head was down and hearing this I jump a little and look at him.

"Um... Okay."

"Marie-Anne, you're not taking this seriously." He says getting up from his seat. He starts pacing around.

"I didn't know there was an answer I was supposed to give you so you can know that I'm serious?"

"There isn't," he says stopping and still looking at the volleyball.

"Then, why you getting mad?" I ask getting up and walking over to where he was standing so I can see his eyes.

"Because you won't admit it."

"Admit what?" I ask unsure of what he was talking about.

"You won't admit that you feel the same way." He says now looking at me. I feel like I'm being interrogated. Why is he asking me that? I don't feel the same way, I barely even think about him.

"That's because I don't." I finally say after telling my heart that I was the boss and that I decide how I feel.

"I don't believe you," he says looking me straight in the eye.

"You don't have to," I put my head down trying to avoid him.

"Okay, then just look me in the eye and tell me you don't, I promise that I'll never bother you again." He says caressing my cheek and putting my head up.

I look him in the eye ready to tell him that. The words keep playing in my head, but they won't come out of my mouth.

He stands there his eyes locked into mines waiting. My heart starts beating faster and faster.

The words don't come out of my mouth instead I put my hands around his neck pulling him closer to me and I kiss him.