28~Plans

Dylan's POV

"Marie-Anne, Marie-Anne, are you okay?" I say over the phone when I heard a big noise. She doesn't answer back causing me to worry. I rush into my bedroom putting on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt on. I grab my keys and hurry out the door, she probably got into an accident; I hope I am wrong.

 "Marie-Anne, I'll follow you, just don't hang up," I tell her knowing she probably didn't hear me.

"Hello," I hear a deep voice say over the phone once I got in the car.

"Hello, who is this?" I answer back.

"Um... this is one of the EMTs ; the patient's phone was-"

I cut him before he could continue, "yeah, I know. Is she okay?" I ask.

"Yes, we are strapping her up to go to the hospital right now," he informs me.

"Pass her the phone," I order.

"Sir, she is currently unconscious," he says, "you can meet her at the hospital."

"Which hospital?" I ask.

"North Florida Regional," he says.

"Okay, I'll be there," I hang up the phone and speed my way to the hospital.  How the heck did she even get to an accident? There is no major roads on the way to school. I scratch the thoughts out of the head and just drive, I just want to make sure she is okay.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I got here as soon as possible, is she okay?" Esther asks as she walks towards me in her heels. She probably just came back from her vacation.

"I don't know, the doctors are still working on her," I tell her as she sits next to me. I look at the clock that was on the waiting to see that is was already ten, I've been sitting here for the past two hours and they are still not done.  I get up and walk towards the receptionist.

"Hi, can you please check if they are done with Marie-Anne Jean?" I ask.

"Sir, I assure you that you will be the first to know when the doctors are done," she said in a calm voice. How could she be calm right now? I go back to my seat and sigh closing my eyes.

"She'll be fine, Marie's a fighter," Esther says besides me and I nod my head in agreement.

My phone starts vibrating in my pocket, I take it out of my pocket and see that it is my mother; it is the forth time she's called me. I ignore it and put the phone back in my pocket.

After a couple of minutes a doctor comes out and talks to the receptionist, "sir, the doctor would like to talk to you," the receptionist tells me. I get up and walk over to the doctor.

"Is she okay?" Esther and I say in unison.

"Ms. Jean is fine, she's a fighter," he says.

"Can we see her?" Esther asks.

"Yes, but there is one tiny bit of detail we need to discuss," he informs us.

"What is it?"

"Well, Ms. Jean hit her head pretty bad," he says taking a pause, "I'm afraid that she is in a coma." He finally lets out.

"A coma?" Esther asks tears falling down her checks.

"Yes," he says. Esther starts crying and I embrace her in a hug. I want to let go and cry too but I want to be strong. "Can we see her?" I ask and the doctor walks us to her room.

I walk inside her room and see her pale body laying there. Her head is wrapped in a bandage and a machine is connected to her nose to help with her breathing. I sit on the chair that is by her bed and grab her hand. "You'll be fine," I whisper to her.

Esther starts crying again and walks out the room not being able to see her best friend like this. "The doctor said that you are a fighter," I tell her squeezing her small hands. My phone starts vibrating in my pocket, I take it out and see that my mother is calling me again, what does she want?

There is a knock on the room's window, I turn around and see Esther with an older man and woman signaling for me to come to them. I let go of Marie-Anne's hands and walk out the room.

"Sir, we would like to ask you some questions," the older man says, "we are detectives Stabler and Benson," he says showing me their badges.  I nod my head for them to go on.

"Well, does Ms. Jean have any enemies?" They ask getting right to the point.

"I thought what happened was just an accident?" Esther asks.

"We have reasons to believe that it was planned," they say.

"Um... no she doesn't have any enemies nor anyone who would want to hurt her. Marie-Anne is the nicest person I have ever met, everyone loves her." I inform them.

"Okay," the woman says, "are you sure?"

"The only person I've ever witnessed that didn't like Marie was," Esther laughs before she continues, "your mother, but she wouldn't hurt her." Esther says.

"What do you mean?" One of the detectives asks.

"Well, his mother doesn't like their relationship," she says.

"Well, would his mother actually hurt her?"

"No, you know the things, your boyfriend's mother never likes you," she says and detective Benson nod in agreement.

"Just to make sure, who is your mother?"

"Um... I'm sure you wouldn't bother her if I told you," I tell them.

"Who is she? It's not like she's the first lady or something," they laugh.

"No she isn't, Kim Argent."

"Oh no,  we will need something more than that to question her," detective Benson says. I nod my head in a told you so manner. No detective in their right mind would dare question my family, not if they want to keep their job.

The police commissioner and the D.A is my dad's best friends after all.

The detectives leave and my phone starts ringing again, my mother is still calling me.

"Hello," I say deciding to answer the phone.

"Hey sweetie," she answers back.

"What do you want? It's really not a good time," I tell her.

"Just wanted to know if you wanted to come over for lunch?" I thought I was not welcomed into her house unless she did do something. I look through the window at Marie-Anne's body. She looks so hopeless in this state.

"No thank you," I say hanging up the phone.

I look down at my phone and look at Marie-Anne again, "you okay?" Esther asks looking at my confuse state.

"Yeah, I'm fine," maybe Esther is right. My mother does hate Marie-Anne, I go through my contacts and call the one person that could help me with something like this.

"Hello," the person answers after the second ring.

"Hello, I need your help and you're going to love helping me," I tell the person on the other end.

"Okay, pick me up at the airport tomorrow morning at nine," the person informs me and hangs up the phone.

Well, time to destroy my mother, I open the door and walk over to the side of the bed. I sit on the chair next to Marie-Anne and start coming up with a plan.

AN

Yes, Dylan is finally doing something.

Who do you think he called?

Did you guys see what I did with the detectives' names? Law and order: SVU??

VOTE AND COMMENT...

Well, Au revoir...