16~My type of people?

•Marie-Anne's POV

The woman stares at me looking quite unhappy. When she sees Dylan staring she gets out the way inviting us in. As I walk I could still sense her staring and whispering things to her friend. Well, this ought to be fun.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Nice to meet you Marie-Anne," someone tells me for the hundredth time. This time I think it's Dylan's cousin or something.

"Yeah, you too," I say. I stand on my three-inch heels regretting that I let Esther talk me into wearing them. We just spent almost an hour talking and meeting people. I thought this was supposed to be a dinner party for family and close friends? I see that Dylan has a different definition than I for a small dinner party for family and friends. They haven't even started eating yet and I'm already exhausted. I met Dylan's dad, brother, and sister; they all seem to like me except the mother. Ever since I got here she has been giving me the eyes. What's her problem with me?

"Oh, you want me to save you?" I hear a voice ask. I look up and see Dylan's little sister, Sarah, standing in front of me.

"Excuse me?" I ask unsure of what she was referring to.

"The dinner party," she says as if stating the obvious "you hate it and you wish that you could just sit down somewhere and eat some danm food; am I right?" She asks. I hope I could say she wasn't, but she is. I wish I could just sit down and eat some food this is way too much.

"Yeah kind of," she laughs and I join her. I look around for Dylan who escaped five minutes ago to take a leak, but he is nowhere in sight.

"Sarah, what are you trying to poison her with?" Dylan says from behind me.

"Nothing," she replies then leaves immediately as if Dylan told her to. I turn around and see Dylan with a weird face. Well, that answers my question.

"Sorry, I took so long," he apologizes.

"It's fine,"

"Let's go upstairs to my old room," he says taking my hands "trust me this thing won't start for at least a great thirty minutes."

We walk up the large staircase and Dylan takes me through a long hallway. The hallway is decorated with family photos and if I'm not mistaken I think I see one of Dylan when he was a baby. I am unable to verify when Dylan pulls me in a room that was decorated with music.

The room is music themed and there are music notes all over the wall. The walls have lyrics on them. 'Treat you better' I read and I start to sing Shawn Mendez's lyrics in my head.

"You like it?" Dylan asks sitting on his bed.

"Yeah," I reply.

"Sorry about this. I should've made us come later, at dinner parties my mom usually serve champagne for the first hour so her friends can gossip and that we can talk to people about our perfect family," Dylan says sarcastically staring at the ceiling. I join him on the bed taking off my shoes so my feet can catch some air. I lay down to see what he is reading on the ceiling.

'I'm so sick of that same old love' I read in my head.

"It's fine," I reply after realizing he was waiting for a response.

"I wrote this on the wall my senior year in high school," he says trying to fill me in. I nod my head slightly and keep staring at the ceiling. I can't believe this one lyric could have so much message. I look at it and start thinking about the different things it could mean. A light knock on the door distracts me from my thoughts.

"Mrs. Argents is asking for you Mr. Dylan," a lady says in a Hispanic accent after Dylan invited her in.

"Is dinner starting Bella?" Dylan ask.

"Yes," she replies and leaves right after. Dylan sighs and gets up, I do the same and put my shoes back in. I get off the bed, but Dylan stops me from moving. He gets up too and before I know it, he slams his lips to mine and nearly knocks all wind from my lungs. Without hesitation, I kiss him back. Our lips move in harmony. My hands move up and down his hair as he does the same. Unexpectedly his hands move down my hips pulling me closer to him and we collide on the bed. Before I know it the kiss turns into a full make out session.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

"Dylan, what took you so long?" His mother asks as we head towards the table. Round tables are placed all over the dining room and Dylan and I are sitting on the first one with his primary family.

"Sorry mother, I was giving Marie a tour of our beautiful home." We sit down and like all night his mother gives me a death glare. Why does the woman hate me so much?

I look around the room, it is surrounded by different types of people young and old, some laughing and some eating. While I am still looking around, something hit me, a feeling of discomfort, something I've never felt before. I realize that I am the only black person in the room.

At school, I'm the only black person in most of my classes, but it never bothered me before. Maybe that's why his mother's been giving me death glares.

"You okay?" Dylan whispers to me taking me out of my deep thought.

"Yeah, why?"

"It's just your expression," he says and I exchange a small smile with him.

A caterer comes and places a plate in front of me and I stare at it disgusted with the food. I probably should have told Dylan that I'm a picky eater. If something is not made from a Caribbean person I don't want it. I love my spices.

"Mother, did you know that Marie-Anne is from French descendants like us?" Dylan says distracting me again.

"Oh, how nice," she says faking a smile.

Dylan's sister says something, but I am not able to catch it. She and Dylan laugh until their dad shushes them.

"So, what major are you pursuing Marie?" Mr.Argent, Dylan's father, asks.

" I want to be an attorney, so I'm currently majoring in crimes and minoring in English," I answer without giving it a second thought.

"Oh," Dylan's mother says, but it comes out more as a surprise.

"Why do you sound so surprised?" I ask.

"No reason just didn't know that your type of people studied law." She replies.

"What do you mean her type of people?" Dylan asks.

Everyone at the table stares at her waiting for an answer. They probably don't know what she means, but I already do. She means black people.

AN

Oh, Looks like Marie-Anne us facing a little racism from Dylan's mother.

What do you think about his mother so far?

Please Vote and comment.

Au revoir😘😘