37~A girl needs her mother

Dylan's POV

"So, let me get this straight, you guys discovered that Mrs. Argent is the one who hired the hit man?" Detective stabler asks as Rebecca and I sit in one of their rooms in the police station.

"Yes, it's all in the flash drive," I reply looking around.

"We got video footages, bank records, and she has a motive," Rebecca says smiling. "She hates Ms. Jean."

"Do you kids have any idea what kind of trouble you're in?" The detective asks. We both shake our heads no and he lets out a long sigh. "First of all, you guys interfered with an ongoing police investigation and how the heck did you guys get this information?"

"Homeland Security," Rebecca replies and I step on her foot under the table. Is this girl crazy? Now, both of us are going to prison.

"Oh, so I'm guessing none of you guys work for Homeland Security; so you guys hacked it?" He asks. We do not answer and we both tap our nails on the small wooden table. Once, the detective notice that we will not answer he gets up and leave.

"Really Bex, you don't tell him how you got the information," I snap at Bex.

"Sorry, I didn't know; it is the truth," she says.

"Shh," I tell her, "they are probably standing on the other side trying to listen to what we have to say. You don't have to self-incriminate yourself Bex; that's why we have the fifth Amendment and the Miranda rights." She nods her head and we both stare at the mirror that was in the room. That same mirror they use to see and listen to us.

Okay, I don't think Bex and I thought this think through. They should have been happy that we solved their case for them, but I guess we did get the information illegally. "I'm going to prison," Bex says starting to cry. "We won't even be together," she adds. I look at her like she is crazy, the tough Bex is afraid of going to prison surprise surprise.

"We are not going to prison," I say trying to assure her even thought I didn't know what was going to happen for sure. The door opens and the detective walks in, behind him is Rebecca's father looking at us with a disappointed look.

"Daddy," Bex says getting up and giving him a hug, "I'm so sorry, but can you please get me out of here?"

"Rebecca, I am so disappointed in you. Now leave, I'll take care of this and Rebecca Carson tomorrow you are leaving to go back to school, no excuses." He says before Bex has a chance to speak.

"Yes sir," she says her head down staring at her foot.

"Dylan, get out of here," he says and I get up to leave, "and Dylan?"

"Yes," I say turning back around to look at him.

"You are supposed to be the sane one here, I can't believe you got yourself in this mess." He says acting like my father.

"Sorry," I say taking Rebecca's hand to leave. We exit the station and get into my car. "I'm sorry about your dad," I tell Rebecca, "he has never been this mad at you."

"It's fine, he'll come around once he sees what I did was for the greater good," she says.

"But it wasn't," I say starting the car, but not moving.

"What do you mean?"

"What you did wasn't for the greater good. He'll be more mad when he founds out what you did actually broke a family," I tell her and she stays silent trying to process what I said. She might not understand what I did, but I just turned my mom in a police station where she might go to jail. My parents are getting a divorce because of me, my family is breaking apart.

"Dylan, are you having second thoughts? If so, you know you can't go back right?" She asks disturbing me from my train of thoughts.

"I know, I'm just thinking that I broke my family apart," I tell her honestly leaning my head on the car chair.

"Your family was always apart, inside no one was ever happy. Maybe your father will finally find happiness and your mother, will she can go back to Hawaii or something." She says.

"Bex, I took a kid's mother away from her, a girl needs her mother." I tell her referring to my little sister, "she's only a kid, who'll give her motherly advice, who will she talk to when she has her period or some shit like that or who will teach her how to put on a pad, a girl needs her mother."

"Dyl, it's better not to have a mother at all than to have a bad mother. Your mother probably will file for custody if she doesn't go to prison. And she is fourteen, she already had her first period I think she knows how to put on a pad by now. I grew up without a mother and I am fine." She says.

"Rebecca, you are anything but fine. You spent your whole life playing sports because of your dad. You act like a boy, you grew up like one," I tell her and she nods her head agreeing with me.

"Well, it only means that I am tough and I don't take shit from anyone, it doesn't mean I'm less of a woman." She says, "I still have periods and boobs right?" She asks.

"I guess," I tell her unsure, "but who will help her plan her wedding and who will cry with her when she breaks up with her boyfriend?"

"Dylan, you can help her plan her wedding and she won't need someone to cry with when she breaks up with her boyfriend because you'll teach her not to let some stupid guy cause her to cry. You'll tell her that he is not worth her tears," she says.

"Thank you, you're the best," I say giving her a hug.

"You're welcome," she said punching my arm. This girl punches like a man. "Dylan, Sarah will be fine. She has an amazing dad and she has two great big brothers to fight anyone who dare messes with her."

"Yeah, you're right."

"Now, are you going to be okay if your mom is out of your life?" She asks.

I stare at the cars passing by, "I don't know," I tell her honestly. My mother is evil and all, but she is still my mom. What if she actually go to prison, what am I going to do?

"You'll be fine," she says, "now let's go so I can pack my things to go back to the university." She says with a sad face.

"You want me to take you to the airport tomorrow?" I ask her leaving the parking lot.

"No, I think you've spent enough time with me these past few days, my driver will take me." She says with a smile, "go get your girl Dylan," she adds. I nod my head agreeing with her.

AN

Mhmm, Dylan might miss his mom or regret doing what he did, do you think his little sister will be fine without her mother?

VOTE and COMMENT...

Au revoir...