34~Memories

Marie-Anne's POV

I pull the covers closer to me as I read my romance novel. Wait...I can't believe he was the one, he was right under her nose and she didn't figure it out I tell myself as I reach the interesting part of the book. Esther knocks on my room door and I groan, can someone just let me read in peace? "E, I'm already up and I'll be out in a second," I tell her knowing that she just wants me to get out of my room.

"It's not Esther," a familiar voice says on the other side.

"Oh, come in," I say while pulling the covers up to hide my skin that was showing through my tank top, "Hi," I say to Dylan as he enters.

"Esther let me in on her way out," he says, "and I brought you breakfast," he says handing me a tray. "I wanted to cook you breakfast, but shit happened." He adds after I toke the tray that consisted of my favorite cereal, lucky charms, and a glass of milk with a spoon.

"By shit happened, you mean that you almost burned down the kitchen while you were trying to cook?" I ask.

"Well sweetheart, if you had your memories you would know that I am a great cook. I basically cook for a hobby," he says taking a seat on the side of my bed, "what I meant was that I woke up late from staying up all night doing research and in case you didn't notice it's already brunch time."

I grab my phone to look at the time and notice that it is already eleven, I guess that novel did take up my time, "okay, I'll have you know that I got some of my memories back," I say remembering what I remembered yesterday afternoon.

"Really? What did you remember?" He asks sounding interested in knowing.

"Okay, I was with you and we were somewhere with a bunch of people, but I don't know them or remember them; we were sitting in a round table. It looked like a party, but more civil," he nods his head for me to continue. "You were yelling about something, then you grabbed me so we can leave, that's when I noticed that we were in a mansion or something like that."

"There was a man that talked to me before we left and after that we left the mansion. We were driving, but you were still complaining about some shit, I got you to calm down by putting my finger on your lips then you started biting me. After that we started laughing and playing together, you stopped the car and started kissing me; the last thing I remember is you telling me that you loved me." I tell him.

"Oh," he says not sounding happy about the memory at all.

"Oh? That's all you are going to say?" I ask angrily.

"Well, there isn't much to say."

"Why were you yelling?" I ask him.

"We were at my parents' house, and we got into an argument, but that isn't important. You remembered the first time I told you that I love you," he says faking a smile.

"I guess," I say unsure of how to feel and taking a spoonful of my cereal.  "And I also remembered a lady coming to an office where I was working; she was there at your house, she has dirty blonde hair and she was threatening me with something, I just can't remember why," I tell him trying to review the little details of the fragment of my memory I got back.

"Okay, I'll tell you the truth; that was my mom, she hates you," he says and my eyes widen out of surprise. Well, I didn't see that coming.

"You're kidding right?" I ask and he shakes his head no.

"Why does she hate me?" I ask, no one has ever hated me before. I know I'm not supposed to care, not everyone is going to like you, but why would my so called boyfriend's mother hate me.

"Marie-Anne," I like how my name sounds coming out of his lips, "that probably would take years to explain, but my mother doesn't like people that bring the best out of me."

"So?" I ask still confuse about what he is trying to say.

"So, she doesn't like you because you make me a better person, you are different than my family she hates that and she hates that you are black." He says and I gasp.

"You don't mind that I am black?" I ask.

"No, why would I? Your color doesn't define you. I would love you even if you were white, yellow, orange, pink, or even gray. I don't care what your color is, you have a big heart that's what matters to me."

"I don't care that your white either?" I ask him honestly.

"Not that I know of, why don't you tell me if you do; you just found out that you have a boyfriend that is white, tell me how you honestly felt the day you found out."

"Um... I don't know, I guess it doesn't matter. Someone's color never matter to me," I tell him honestly. I was raised to accept anyone despite their color.

"Exactly," he says getting the tray from me. "So, what do you want to do?" He asks.

"Why, Esther is making you babysit me or something?" I ask laughing, but he looks at me with a serious expression.  How many times do I have to tell Esther that I am fine and don't need someone to look after me.

"Can we go somewhere familiar? Somewhere we use to go?" I ask him.

"We can go to this buffet place for lunch, you like their milkshakes, but you hate the waitress that works there," he says with a chuckle, "but I guess a good milkshake is worth having to hear you bicker how you hate someone you don't even know."

"Wait, why do I hate her?" I ask.

"Well, let's just say you guys got off on the wrong foot," he says. And I nod my head.

"Um...Okay, can we go now?" I ask.

"Sure, if you want," he says. "I have to be somewhere later, but I have some time to waste," he adds.

"Okay,  now get out so I can change," I say ad he leaves respectively.

AN

Memories came back, that is good news.

VOTE and COMMENT.