31~Jealousy

^^Dylan^^

^^Dylan^^

Marie-Anne's POV (I missed writing in her POV. yay, she's back!)

"Marie-Anne, thank goodness you are okay, I-"

"Who are you?" I ask before he could continue. How the hell does this man know my name, his face drops when I tell him this and he just stares at me. "Marie-Anne, what city do you live in?" The doctor asks.

"Um... I live in Pompano Beach," I answer and Esther stares at me letting out a sigh.

"Marie, we live in Gainesville. We moved for college, remember?" She asks and I shake my head no, why can't I remember anything? A tear fall out of my eyes and Esther comes gives me a hug, "it's fine honey, don't cry."

"Why can't I remember?" I ask with tears falling down my cheeks.

"Marie-Anne, it looks like you suffer from retrograde amnesia, it is common in most patients who suffer from brain injury after an accident," the doctor says.

"But, doesn't the patient usually forget the moments of impact or a few hours before the accident?" Esther asks.

"Yes that is the case for most patients, but it seems like she doesn't remember the past year of her life," the doctor replies. The last year? The last thing I remember is playing soccer with my siblings.

"Will she get her memories back?" The guy I don't know his name asks. He has really nice hair, I think while admiring his features, his jaw is really firm.

"Yes, they will come back like a jigsaw puzzle, the better her head gets, the faster she'll remember them. She just needs time to recover," the doctor says answering his question. "I'll leave you guys," he adds and walks out the room.

"E, where's mama?" I ask Esther.

"She's, um... Marie she's back in Pompano," she says after letting out a sigh. I nod my head and she grabs her phone, "I'll call her for you," she says starting to dial her number.

"No don't," I say and she nods her head. The boy still stands there staring at me, "I'll leave you guys so you can talk," Esther says walking out the room. Why would she leave me in a room with a stranger?

"So, how do I know you?" I ask the boy while he takes a seat on the chair next to my bed.

"Well, we're dating," he says. Mhmm, I could picture me dating him he looks really cute.

"Okay, um... you have really nice hair," I compliment him and he blush slightly, "I guess I never told you that before?" I question but it came out more like a statement.

"No, you never did," he says. I stare into the room and sigh. I hate not remembering things, I feel like I'm so lost. "Marie-Anne," he says and I turn my gaze towards him.

"What?" I ask.

"Nothing," he says putting his head back down.

"Why do you call me my full name? You know most people just call me Marie right?" I ask.

"Well, I told you that before I'm not most people," he says causing me to blush. He puts his head down and plays with his hand, he seems a little distracted.

"You okay?" I ask him.

"Yeah, I'm fine," He lie. I don't know why I know he lie, but I just know, "so, where did we go on our first date?" I ask him trying to start our conversation.

"Well, the first time we hung out we went to a coffee shop you were helping me study for one of my classes, but for our first official date we went to the fair," he says.

"I love the fair!" I exclaim.

"Yeah I know, your dad use to take you there," he says and I nod my head.

Dylan's POV

"Yeah I know, your dad use to take you there," I tell her and she nods her head. I sit there and look at her, I can't believe she doesn't remember anything. I fell like crying. My phone starts vibrating and I take it out of my pocket to see that it is my mother. I get up from where I was and go closer to the door.

"Hey mother," I say answering the phone.

"Hey son, how are you doing today?" She asks over the phone.

"I am good, mom I'm coming over for dinner tomorrow with three other people," I tell her. She'll be glad to see her parents.

"Who are they?" She asks.

"Just some old friends, they're in town and they just want to see the family. I promise you'll love seeing them," I say.

"Okay, anything for you baby," she says. She has some nerve calling me baby, I close my eyes not to say anything I'll regret later. She put my girlfriend in the hospital and she think she can- aww, let me just shut up.

"Yeah, I'll see you tomorrow," I tell her and hang up the phone. I go back and take a seat next to Marie-Anne.  I want to talk to her, but I can't think of anything to tell her. I just want to tell her sorry for what my mother did to her, tell her sorry that she put her in the hospital.

My phone vibrates again and I take it out of my pocket to see a text from Bex.

Bex: Hey, we need to really talk about earlier, can you come over later and is Marie-Anne okay?

Me: She's fine and sure I'll come over around nine after your dinner with your father.

Bex: K, see you later.

I put my phone in my pockets and look at Marie-Anne, "You smoke?" She asks out of no where.

"Um... not at this moment," I tell her and she looks at me with a weird expression, "I use to smoke when I was younger, but I quit because of Rebecca," I add.

"Who's Rebecca?" She asks.

"Well, she's a friend of mine, she-" I stop from telling her anything further.

"She sounds special to you," she says sounding a little jealous.

"Trust me, not as much as you," I tell touching her small hands, she blushes putting her head down. 

"She's your ex or something?" She asks after a few minutes.

"Not really," I tell her, "she just, I-I can't explain it," I tell her honestly. I guess me and Bex never really dated, we just had a fling or something like that.

"Mhmm," she says laying down on her bed, "I'm really tired, mind calling Esther while you go please?" She asks. Is she really kicking me out of her hospital room.

"Sure," I tell her walking out. "Esther, Marie-Anne's calling you," I tell Esther when I spot her sitting in the hallway, "and tell her I said goodnight," I add as she leaves to go in the room.

I look at the time and make my way to my apartment to relax then go over to Bex's.

AN

Happy 4th of July to all my American readers.

VOTE and COMMENT...

Au Revoir...