18~Let's make a deal...

Dylan's POV

Ring, ring, ring

"Oh," I groaned as the phone continued to ring. Who the heck is calling me this early? Giving up, I finally reach over to my nightstand grabbing my phone. I look at the caller id to see that it is my mother. What does she want now? Didn't she do enough damage yesterday with Marie-Anne?

"Yes mother," I say answering the phone.

"You sound like you were sleeping, did I wake you?" She asks over the phone.

"Yes you did, can I just call you back when I wake up?" I pleaded.

"No, you may not. It is nine AM Dylan, get your ass up!" She yells causing me to take the phone off my ear.

"What do you want, mother?" I ask wanting to get over with this.

"Well, we need to talk,"

"About?"

"Last night, you left and we didn't have a chance to talk."

"Well, you can just say what you have to say over the phone," I said waiting for what she has to say.

"Okay, so are you trying to punish us or something?"

"Punish who?" I ask not having the slightest idea of what she is talking about.

"Me and your father."

"How am I punishing you guys?" I knew she had problems but I didn't know she was delusional.

"Bringing that girl into our home," she says over the phone lowering her voice a bit. Ah, I should have known that's why she called. Can't she just apologize like a normal person, but no she has to make up lies.

"Mother, that girl has a name and why would I try to punish you by bringing her over? Mother, I assure you that your reputation and your precious family name will not perish."

"I don't care about our family name, I care about you," she says. First time I heard that.

"Then if you do, you will apologize to Marie-Anne,"

"Oh, that little bitch got you wrap around her fingers doesn't she?"

"Mother, watch your mouth," I say after exhaling many times to make sure I didn't cuss her out.

"Sorry," she says without regret.

"Now if you have nothing serious to talk about goodbye," I say about to hang up the phone.

"Wait, what I wanted to say is that," she takes a long breath before she continues, "I think you should break up with her." The fuck? Now she's telling me when to break up with people.

"Mother, I'm a grown man I'll break up with her when I want and if something happens. I love Marie-Anne and nothing you say or do is gonna make me end our relationship,"

"Dyl, I don't want to watch your heart get broken," she says.

"Mother, since when have you ever cared if my heart was broken or not? I've never really had a serious relationship and you use to complain about it all the time, now that I have a serious one, you don't want me to?" I asked unsure of what she still wants me to do.

"I'd love for you to have a healthy and serious relationship, but not with her."

"What's wrong with her?"

"You don't know if she's not after you for the money, besides I had Evan looked her up. She's here on a scholarship and she's from a small town.

"Really? Really mother? You had Evan looked her up? You think I didn't already know these things?" That's why I hate private investigators, they are always in everyone's business.

"Yes, I did. I just wanted to make sure who you had brought to my home."

"And you couldn't ask me?"

"Well, it's not like you know everything about her,"

"In fact, I do mother. I do,"

"Now, bye mother, please never bring up Marie-Anne again," I say quickly hanging up the phone not waiting for her to answer back.

The woman is really delusional. She can't even picture me with someone who is different than her. I wish she would just apologize to Marie-Anne. I get out of bed and headed to the shower, not letting my mother get to me.

~~~~~~~~~~~'~~~~~~~~~~'

Marie-Anne's POV

"Please have a seat, Mr. Francois will be right with you," I tell another client as I call Mr. Francois's office.

I pull up a file and start typing on the computer, someone taps their nails on the desk I was sitting on making me startle.

"Hi, how may I help you?" I ask without even look at the person when the person doesn't reply I look up to see dirty blonde hair and some light brown eyes staring at me. Dylan's mom, what does she want now?"

"Hi, how may I help you?" I ask again, she smirks and she doesn't reply. She looks around the small office in disgust and takes her hands off the desk and wipes it when she realizes there might be dust on it.

"You sweetheart can help me a lot," she says pointing her index finger at me, "let's start with leaving my son alone,"

"What?" I say with my fear noticeable in my voice.

"You heard me, leave my son alone," she says again.

"No, I won't leave him alone. Your son is old enough to make his decisions. And he's your son, not your husband, so stop acting like he's married to you," I say standing up from my desk. I've had enough of this woman, at dinner, I tried to be nice, now she is doing way too much.

"That's because he is married to this family, and my job is to protect it."

"Your son doesn't even like your family, you should hear what he says about you guys. You act like you're a perfect family, buy inside none of you guys are happy. I think you even have to take pills, isn't that right?" I ask looking dead in her eyes.

"You little bitch think you can be smart with me?" She asks sarcastically.

"Yes, bitch. I am smart."

"Mhm, I offered you a simple deal, but you wanna push it, okay."

"Okay,"

She turns about to leave when she remembers something and turns back around. "Isn't Marlene Jean your mom?" She asks I stand there surprised. How the fuck she know who my mom is? Now she is really overstepping it.

I stay silent, not sure of what I should tell her, "yeah, that's what I thought," she says smirking.

"Did you know that my family is one of the biggest investors at the hospital she works at?" She asks I stand there without saying a word.

"Well, I guess cat caught your tongue. Anyways, I would hate to tell them I didn't like one of their employees. So, if I were you I would stay away from my son," she walks out the building and I stand there frozen and unsure of what just happened.

AN

Well, Dylan's mom just got Marie-Anne.

Please vote and comment...

Au revoir...