14~Maybe I really do...

Marie-Anne's POV

"Come on, I can't be that bad?" Dylan says after telling me one of his multiple bad jokes.

"Yes, you are," I reply taking a sip of my milkshake. I adjust the seat I was sitting on pushing it closer to the table.

"Okay it's not like you got any jokes," he says also taking a sip of his milkshake.

"Yes, I do,"

"Okay tell me one," he says.

"I don't want to," I say not remembering one single joke. "okay, maybe I'm not that good at jokes," I finally say in defeat. Dylan smiles and looks up at the waitress that just walked up to us.

"Can I get you guys anything else?" She asks with her adenoidal voice.

"No thanks," I say and she stands there for a while observing Dylan. If I didn't know any better I would say that she was checking him out. Okay, maybe she is, I gave her a death glare and she moves on.

I look over at Dylan and smile. It's been two weeks and I still haven't been able to get him to break up with him. I've burped and farted in public while I'm with him on purpose and he still didn't end it.  I guess I should be mature enough to tell him that I don't want to to go out, but I can't; Esther says it's because I actually like him, I don't, I just don't want to hurt his feelings.

"We should get going if you still want to go see Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2," Dylan says getting up from his seat and setting twenty dollars on the table.

"You're leaving a twenty dollar tip?" I ask. Who the heck leaves a twenty dollar tip and he doesn't even work.

"Yeah, so?"

"Nothing, anyways I was wondering if I could take a raincheck on that movie." I really don't want to go to that movie. The more time I spend with him, I probably will feel worse when I make sure this thing ends.

"Um... But, you were so happy to go see that movie?" He sits back down and looks out the window at the rain falling down. He stares at the rain for a while before he turns and looks at me. "And don't tell me it's because you got homework, you had homework yesterday too," he still stares waiting for an answer. I tap my nails on the table unsure of what I should tell him.

"Okay, I'm just not feeling like seeing a movie, can you please respect that?"

"Yeah, I guess. I have some work to do too, lemme drive you home." He gets up from his seat and walks out the door. I know he's mad, but he tries to hide it. I get up and follow him out regretting what I just did.

When I reach outside, the rain is pouring even harder and I look at the car that is across from the store. I am not getting my hair wet, not today. I stand under the shade waiting for the rain to slow down.

I watch as Dylan sits in the car for a while then turning to look at me. He pulls the car out and comes in front of the restaurant so I can get in. I get in the car and he starts driving without saying a word.

"What kind of work do you have to do?" I ask trying to break the awkward silence.

"The same as you," he replies in his husky voice.

"What do you mean?" I laugh in my head after realizing the Justin Bieber reference I made.

"Yeah, fake work."

"Well, I do have work to do," I say trying to sound defensive.

"Okay, so you also had work yesterday, the day before, and the day before. Marie-Anne I'm not stupid, so I would appreciate it if you didn't treat me like I am. There's no need to lie."

"I'm sorry if you think I'm treating you like that, but I do have work."

"No, you don't. You're just trying to avoid me. I wish I knew why, why don't you just tell me why." He says. I wish I could just tell him that I don't want to be in a relationship with him. That I agreed to go out with him so he can leave me alone. But, I don't want to hurt his feelings plus maybe I do want to be with him.

"You know what?" I ask.

"What?"

"Change of plans we're going to see that movie."

"You sure?"

"Yeah," I said reassuring him. He looks at me smiling then turns around heading towards the movie theater.
❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

After fifteen minutes we reach the theater and the rain stops a little. Dylan parks the car and we sit in there waiting for the right time to go in.

"So, do you really want to see the movie?" He asks.

"Yes, how many times do I have to tell you?"

"I'm just asking, you just agreed to go because I got mad."

"Oh, you got mad?" I ask.

"Yea."

"I didn't notice," I say. He laughs and stares at me. He keeps staring and I get nervous and start blushing.

"You're so cute when you blush," hearing him say that, I blush even more and put my head down.

He leans over touching my chin and making my eyes lock with his. He smiles and kisses me. I kiss him back and he goes back to his seat taking the key out of the ignition.

"Let's go," he says getting out the car. He walks over to the passenger side opening the door for me.

"Thanks," I say getting up.

"No problem," we walk in the theater. Checking in we buy popcorn and soda then going to watch the movie.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
"It was a good movie, wasn't it?" I ask Dylan as we drive home.

"Yeah, I gotta admit, it is."

"I can't believe you've never seen the first one, where the heck are you from? You act like you are from another world," I say trying to see if he would drop something about his family or where he grew up.

"Well, I'm from Florida,"

"Where in Florida?"

"Gainesville,"

"I know that but where in Gainesville?" He keeps saying he's from Gainesville, but where in there. I can't believe someone doesn't like to talk about their childhood and family.

"I'm from the east," he says following a sigh.

"You are?" I act surprised. No wonder he left a twenty dollar tip, he's rich. Why didn't he tell me that? Does he think I'm a gold digger or something?

"Oh, okay," I say after rationalizing it.

"Yeah, that's why I didn't want to tell you. I'm not proud of where I'm from." He says.

"It's fine, you know I don't care about where you're from right?" I ask "I just want to know about your family and childhood, because believe it or not it's part of who you are."

"Okay, at least you know, so we can talk about my horrible childhood." He says smiling.

I look up and see that we've reached my place.

"Okay, bye. See you tomorrow at school or not, I don't know."

"Okay, bye," I reach over and kiss him then open the door getting out.

I open my front door and I am greeted by Esther eating ice cream and watching 'The Originals' I go join her grabbing the ice cream from her. Then, we watch TV together reminding me of old times.

AN

Unedited

Yayyy, Dylan finally tells Marie-Anne where he is from. What do you guys think?

Sorry for the late chapter but I had state tests this week. And no matter how much I hate school, I had to try to pass.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Au revoir😘😘