Chapter 5

Picture of Ace's car up top!

Ace's P.O.V

I left the gym feeling better than I had in a long time, though my body was aching all over. I really had my ass handed to me today.

I thought that I was a good fighter, but apparently I was sadly mistaken. Bonnie was fast, strong, athletic, and smart. She knew what she was doing, from experience. I guess training with her wasn't just about getting to know her anymore, it was also about getting better myself.

I better start training on my own as well.

I smiled to myself, remembering our conversation right before I left. I had asked her for her number, for training purposes of course, and after a while of trying to convince her, she finally gave in, probably out of annoyance, but it worked! Now I had her number and I was seriously refraining from talking to her.

For some reason, my thoughts kept drifting back to when I asked about how she got into fighting. She had nearly bit of my head and, if looks could kill, I would be a million feet under and spread out with my limbs in different continents!

Okay, so maybe that was a little extreme, but she was very defensive and angry at that moment.

With a sigh, running my hand through my hair I drive down the road. I have no idea why I have become so...interested in Bonnie. I have never chased after girls, they always just fell at my feet, but for some reason, I was going after Bonnie.

I don't know how it happened, I mean I meant her at a strip club for god's sake, but I want to get to know her, the real her, not the cold, distant person she has shown me.

Fuck, I'm screwed.

Bonnie's P.O.V

I walk through the narrow hallway, walking to my apartment, well, studio.

Cars honk outside and people yelled at each other, the sound carrying through the thin, crappy walls of the building.

With a sigh, I stop right in front of my door and pull my keys out from my duffle bag. I'm about to stuff it into the key whole, when it creaks open slightly. Confused, and slightly defensive, I push the door open the rest of the way, only to find my small awful home a mess.

My crappy furniture is tipped over with every single drawer thrown open. I drop my duffle bag and rush fully into my home, looking around wildly. My mattress is torn apart and my pillows lie in strips and stuffing on the ground. My small closet is thrown open and empty of everything! The "kitchen" has been raided completely, leaving cabinets on one hinge, and empty drawers on the ground. There's even shattered glass from the few cups I had lying everywhere.

I run over towards my mini windowsill bench and feel underneath the lip of it for my money stash, but it's gone! I'm broke! I have no money! No home! No clothes! I have nothing anymore!

A single tear slips out of my eye, the first tear I have shed in years, as I slide to the ground, my back against the counter. I can't believe this happened to me.

What have I ever done to deserve this? I work hard, I do everything I can to earn a living for myself. I stay out of people's way. I've done nothing to deserve this. My entire life has been a shit-hole, and now it's just gotten even worse because I'm going to be homeless.

Just as I'm about to have another break down the sound of crunching glass reaches my ears. I look up in time to see the landowner glaring down at me as he crosses his arms over his chest.

"Take whatever you have left and leave. I know you can't pay for anything anymore, so get out," he growls, his eyes hard and cold.

That's all it takes.