Chapter 20

I'm sorry in advance!

Ace's P.O.V

The sound of soft footsteps brings my attention away from the T.V screen, up to Bonnie. She's wearing a large black baggie t-shirt and a pair of small red plaid shorts. She smiles at me, and jumps onto the couch beside me.

"What are you watching?" she asks, leaning into my side so that her strawberry shampoo scent reaches my nose.

"Well, I was thinking of watching Beauty and the Beast..."

"Yes, yes, yes! Let's watch it," she exclaims, clapping her hands, causing me to chuckle.

I nod and rent the movie, before pressing play. I place the remote down on the coffee table and lean back into the couch, Bonnie snuggled into my side.

This is perfect. Watching a movie with my girl is one of the best feelings in the world.

***

The next few weeks pass in an uneventful blur. Bonnie works every other night, trainees her trainees every weekday, including myself, and our relationship progresses. I can feel her getting more comfortable around me and sharing more about herself.

We don't sleep in the same bed...yet, but most nights, I can hear her screams and cries from my room and wake her up from her nightmares. Then I hold her until she stops crying and falls back asleep.

I have never had a girlfriend for this long, nor have I ever cared this much for another girl.

Bonnie was different, perfect, unlike any other girl. She normally cooks for me before she leave for work, and most times I help her, though helping is kind of stretching the truth a bit. I mostly just make a large mess, causing us to almost be late to her job. I usually drive her to work and then come back and get her when she finishes her shift.

Other nights, I have to help my father with King Corp so, then I let Bonnie take one of my cars.

Everything is going perfectly fine, until I get a phone call...

From my mother.

Bonnie's P.O.V

I walk into the house as I wipe at my mouth furiously, hanging the keys up on the wall, before shuffling towards the stairs. My entire body felt dirty and heavy. My face felt stiff from the tears that had slid down it and my throat was sore from the sobs that escaped it earlier. The glow of the living room lights catches my attention, followed by Ace's stern voice.

I walk into the living room, finding him sit rigid on the living room couch, deep in conversation while angry lines mar his forehead.

I step foot in the living room, letting him know that I'm there. His eyes flick to me, but they are stone cold, before moving back to the coffee table in front of them.

Confused, I make my way over to him and sit next to him on the couch while he finishes up on the phone. As soon as he hangs up, I turn fully to face him, my legs folded in front of me as I looked at his angry features.

"What's wrong?" I ask softly, my voice slight raspy, placing my arm on his shoulder.

He shrugs my hand off and jumps to his feet, glaring down at me. I stare back up at him, confused, and slightly angry that he is so...cold towards me.

"Are you cheating on me?' he growls.

"W-what? No, I would never!" I say furiously, standing up to see better into his eyes, so that he can see the truth in mine.

"You're lying."

"I am not. Why would you think that? You're the best thing that has happened to me since...well, since forever. I've had no one and you treat me perfectly, like a princess. Why would I do that to you? I lo...like being with you," I say, stuttering over a certain word that almost slipped out of my mouth.

"Then what is this?" he asks, pulling out his phone and showing me a picture.

My eyes water at what the picture is of. Of what nearly happened tonight. I had been cornered by four men, one with a gun, as I left the strip club. One had pinned me up against the wall and kissed me, only able to get that far before I broke his hand, then his nose. That is what the picture is off, that man kissing me, though you can't see the other men in the shot. The picture is blurry and you can't see my pale tear stained face.

"That is you, isn't it?"

"How did you get this? This was tonight. I..."

"My mother had you investigated and found out where you worked. She had a few of her guards watch you every night. They took this picture tonight. So tell me again, are you cheating on me?"

"No! You don't understand..."

"What is there to understand?" he exclaims.

"He and three other men trapped me! One of them had a gun! I couldn't do anything as one of them shoved me into the wall and kissed me. He tried to...tried to...," I pause as my throat closes up. "Your mother's man must have only gotten that one picture. I broke his hand, then his nose. I got away and came straight home," I tell him desperately.

"This picture says otherwise," he scowls.

"You don't believe me?" I ask, voice cracking even more.

"No, I don't. This picture is proof. I should have known better. You're a stripper. I shouldn't have expected anything different from you," he growls, every word worse than the abuse I received as a child.

I allowed the tears to slide down my face as I stumble away from him, from his angry eyes and clenched fists, from his words, from his opinion of me.

"I knew you would be the one to hurt me the most," I whisper, through my sobs before turning around and running out of the front door in my comfortable sports clothes and tennis shoes.

I ran blindly down his driveway, pulling out my phone, as sobs tore through my throat. I punched in Sky's number.

"Hello?"

"H-hey Sky...it's B-Bonnie. I- I...n-need a place t-to s-stay tonight..." I cry into the phone.

"Of course, honey. Where are you?" she asks hurriedly, while rustling sounded on the other line.

I gave her Ace's address as I sunk to the ground at the very end of his driveway.

'I'll be there as soon as I can. Hang tight, baby,' she coos.

"O-okay," I manage to say into the phone before hanging up.

Just as I tuck the phone into the waistband of my shorts, the sky opens up and rain pours down. Freezing rain. The sound of thunder drowns out my loud cries as I hug myself into a ball, hugging my knees to my chest.

I knew that being close to Ace was a bad idea.

I knew that I would fall for him.

And I did.

In these past few weeks, I have gone from just knowing him, to liking him and being his girlfriend, to...

Love.

And now it's all gone.

Thanks to those pricks that cornered me and the photographer That took the picture without helping before it could escalate.

I lost the one and only good thing in my life.

He was my one chance at love and happiness.

And now it was just ripped away from me, like a leaf stuck in a tornado.

I was alone once more, with a broken heart, and one sided love that will get me nowhere in life. if I could even call my life a life.

It hardly counted at all, nor did my life matter.

I don't matter.