Chapter 9

Picture of Bonnie's first outfit up top!

Ace's P.O.V

I came downstairs to find Bonnie dressed in a simple pair of denim shorts and a red Queen shirt. I smiled at the shirt, but quickly hid it as she spotted me race down the steps like a little kid.

"Ready?" I ask, grabbing my car keys from the hook by the door.

She nods at me slowly, checking her pockets, probably making sure she had her phone and the small amount of money she has left. I shoot her another smile before opening the front door and letting Bonnie out.

***

"So what is your favorite movie franchise?" I ask Bonnie as I slide down the aisle on the cart, looking for some soup, or some shit like that.

"Saw," I hear her say, causing me to stop in the middle of the aisle.

Bonnie soon notices that I have stopped moving and turns around to stare at me questioningly. I share at her in mock horror.

"You mean to tell me, your favorite movie franchise, out of a million, is Saw? A series full of blood and guts?"

"Um...yeah?"

"Yes! That is my type of girl!' I exclaim in excitement, then realize what I just said, and cover it up with a cough. "I mean, if I'm going to be living with someone then the better like the same type of movies as me," I correct, moving once again with the cart to try and hide my burning cheeks.

Ugh! I hate blushing! Why did Bonnie make me blush so much?

"I see," she says skeptically with a small smile before stopping in front of a group of food. "Do you like..." she says asks me about a bunch of random food questions all throughout the trip and all I do is nod, too distracted by Bonnie to do anything else.

We finally make it to the checkout with a full cart and I see Bonnie staring at the amount of food we bought in horror. I smirk at her and gently push her out of the way, so that I can pay, and also so that she can't see the price. Once that is all taken care of, we drive the cart to the car and unload everything in the trunk and backseat, before Bonnie takes the cart back.

Together we jump back into the car and I start to drive us to the nearest mall.

"So what type of music do you listen to?" I ask, fiddling with the radio.

"You wouldn't like it," she smirks at me, causing me to raise an eyebrow.

"Okay, you asked for it," she scoffs, before messing with the radio and settling on a channel she likes.

I wait for the announcer to stop talking and play a song, looking over at Bonnie's smug expression. Should I be worried or...

"Oh, ah, ah, ah, ah

Oh, ah, ah, ah, ah

oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh

Drowning deep in my sea of loathing

Broken your servant I kneel

Will you give in to me?

It seems what's left of my human side

Is slowly changing in me!"

The loud music blasted, interrupting my thoughts. I let out a startled cry and turn the radio down some, staring over at Bonnie's laughing form in confusion.

"Are you for real? What was that?"

"Down With the Sickness by Disturbed and yes I'm serious. That's my type of music," she says after her laughter subsides.

"Wow," I say in disbelief.

I had never me ta girl who likes heavy metal before, or a girl who likes Saw, or a girl who could kick my ass, or a stripper. I guess everything about Bonnie was different from the girls I have been around.

That's why I like her so much.

I smile and turn the music back up for Bonnie and listen to her quiet singing. I really did like her.

***

We pull into the parking lot at the mall and I turn off the car, before looking over at Bonnie, only to find her watching me. Her cheeks redden and she quickly looks away, but I can't help the flutter in my stomach at the thought of her watching me.

Does she watch me like I constantly watch her?

Oh for crying out loud! It's been three days! Why am I so whipped after three fucking days

"Come on lets go," I say, hoping out of the car.

Bonnie follows and walks over to meet me in the front of the vehicle, before we walk towards the mall together.

"Ace, you really don't have to come if you don't like to. I know guys don't really like shopping, hell, I don't even like shopping, so I understand if you want to leave. I can just catch a cab back," she tries again, but there is no way I'm leaving her alone.

Nope, today I am going to spend it with Bonnie and work on my mission.

"Nah, I'm good. Now I get to see you try a bunch of outfits on," I smirk, nudging her arm playfully.

"Ewe, pervert!" she shrieks with a small chuckle.

I smile knowing that she's warming up to me. Just a day ago, she was so cold and distant. Now she was joking with me and, well, living with me.

It makes me happy.

"I'm kidding, I'm kidding," I defend myself, holding my hands up in mock surrender.

We enter the mall and walk through the building, searching for a store. I can tell Bonnie is procrastinating on going into a store. She really doesn't like shopping, but don't most girls like shopping. Every girl I have been around loves shopping and...

Nope! I'm not going to compare them. Bonnie is different than all of the other girls I've been around.

"Alright, I think I can go into this store," I hear Bonnie say quietly, moving me towards a store called Forever 21.

I watch as she digs through the clothes with a bored and annoyed expression on her face. After a good half an hour, her arms are loaded with clothes and she walks off to the dressing room. I follow and take a seat outside, pulling out my phone and checking my missed texts.

Kayden: Dude, I haven't talked to you in days! Text me back we need to hang out before my wedding. Oh and don't forget, you need a date. Talk to you later.

Caleb: Kayden and I are going back to the club tonight, you coming or what?

Me: I'll see if I can come to the club with you two tonight, tell Kayden for me, will you?

Caleb: Sure thing dude. See you later.

"Okay, here's my first outfit," I hear Bonnie's voice, snapping my head up to see her.

I look over her tight skinny jeans with knee cut outs, that make her ass look even more beautiful than it already is, and a simple beige tank top tucked into the front. It was a simple outfit, but damn! It made her look fine!

"Nice! Show me more," I smirk, causing Bonnie to roll her eyes but walk back into the changing room to get another outfit.